diy solar

diy solar

Warning when buying EVE LF280K Grade-A cells with new terminal type!

vist

Hi,

I would like to take this opportunity to warn all consumers and companies considering purchasing EVE LF280K Grade-A cells with the new type of terminal.

The reason is that EVE has not adapted the packaging in which the battery cells are shipped.

As you can see in the pictures, the terminal is the highest non-flexible point. On top of the terminals there is then an 8mm polyfoam for protection and then the box is closed. Any force on the top of the box will be distributed to the cell terminals.

When ordering a full sea pallet, 144pcs LF280K cells, several cartons are stacked on top of each other. When the carton absorbs moisture during the sea transport, strength is lost, and with the small margin that exists in the height, the weight of the stacked cartons ends up on the terminals of the cells.

The terminals are subjected to stress, and the Grade-A cells you bought are now Grade-D cells or should possibly be discarded immediately.

I think it is unbelievably bad that the cells are packaged in a way where the weight from cartons above ends up on the terminals.

We have an order placed 1 month ago directly with EVE for 144pcs LF280K cells. These will be shipped in the coming days. EVE's official sales representative is of the opinion that we should have specified when ordering if we wanted them better packaged. And if there has been stress on the terminals during shipping, which might lead to malfunction of the battery packs in our product, "it will be covered by thier 1 year warranty". Well, that will not help us.

As we refuse the cells being shipped like this, they have now offered to put the cartons in wooden boxes if we pay extra. However, uncertain if this can be resolved as the sea pallet has already been shipped to the CIF agent.

Images below are from a shipment we received a week ago, all the terminals are bent due to force from above. These are EVE LF280K cells bought via a distributor in EU, which claim to also buy directly from EVE. I have sent these images to EVE which has confirmed that the 144pcs cells in our order are packaged the same way.

I'm kinda upset that one of the biggest LFP manufacturers in China act like a random scam guy on alibaba, and has such poor packaging that the integrity of the cells can't be garanteed upon arrival.

EVEA_1.pngEVEA_2.png

Last edited:
Hi,

I would like to take this opportunity to warn all consumers and companies considering purchasing EVE LF280K Grade-A cells with the new type of terminal.

The reason is that EVE has not adapted the packaging in which the battery cells are shipped.

As you can see in the pictures, the terminal is the highest non-flexible point. On top of the terminals there is then an 8mm polyfoam for protection and then the box is closed. Any force on the top of the box will be distributed to the cell terminals.

When ordering a full sea pallet, 144pcs LF280K cells, several cartons are stacked on top of each other. When the carton absorbs moisture during the sea transport, strength is lost, and with the small margin that exists in the height, the weight of the stacked cartons ends up on the terminals of the cells.

The terminals are subjected to stress, and the Grade-A cells you bought are now Grade-D cells or should possibly be discarded immediately.

I think it is beneath all criticism that the cells are packaged in a way where the weight from cartons above ends up on the terminals.

We have an order placed 1 month ago directly with EVE for 144pcs LF280K cells. These will be shipped in the coming days. EVE's official sales representative is of the opinion that we should have specified when ordering if we wanted them better packaged. And if there has been stress on the terminals during shipping, which might lead to malfunction of the battery packs in our product, "it will be covered by thier 1 year warranty". Well, that will not help us.

As we refuse the cells being shipped like this, they have now offered to put the cartons in wooden boxes if we pay extra. However, uncertain if this can be resolved as the sea pallet has already been shipped to the CIF agent.

Images below are from a shipment we received a week ago, all the terminals are bent due to force from above. These are EVE LF280K cells bought via a distributor in EU, which claim to also buy directly from EVE. I have sent these images to EVE which has confirmed that the 144pcs cells in our order are packaged the same way.

I'm kinda upset that one of the biggest LFP manufacturers in China act like a random scam guy on alibaba, and has such poor packaging that the integrity of the cells can't be garanteed upon arrival.

View attachment 105947View attachment 105948
That is unfortunate.

I haven’t ordered any of these type with these connectors.

Hopefully they will remedy this or suffering the results of lower sales.

No way to run a business.

That is pretty bad. Maybe ok cells in real life but I wouldn’t want them at full price.

Too bad. Hope you can work something out.

Note to self-avoid this terminal type for a while so I don’t end up buying the ones that are just bent back in place.,

When I bought cells in 2020, there was a change in packaging by the seller to provide better protection. I question whether EVE is on the hook for this problem or it's the seller. I'm thinking it's the latter.

I have now learned that the European distributor of the EVE LF280K cells actually do rearrange the cartons on the sea pallets in China before they are shipped by sea to thier warehouse in Europe.

The EVE factory ship the cells with the terminals pointing up, with poor protection. So the European distributor has a "middle man" in China that tilt the cartons 90 degrees on the sea pallets so that the load from the cells/cartons above are pushing on the wide side of the cells instead. Which is the same way the force are put on the cells when clamped.

The damage on our cells from the European distributor seems to have happend between the EVE factory and thier "middle man" in China, before they were rearrenged to prevent this from happening during the rest of the shipping to thier warehouse in Europe.

Funny how the problem with damaged terminals due to the EVE Factory poor packaging seems to be well known. And companies need to find workarounds as EVE does not seem to be interested to fix the problem with the packaging.

I'm lucky we got a bad feeling early on from EVEs customer service and decided to just buy one sea pallet of 144pcs to evaluate doing business with them instead of a full 20' container with 1152pcs which was the original plan.

Last edited:
Wow, so EVE knows how to make batteries but does not how to pack batteries for shipment, sad.
I wonder how many damaged cells 18650batterystore.com get from EVE.

Wow, so EVE knows how to make batteries but does not how to pack batteries for shipment, sad.
I wonder how many damaged cells 18650batterystore.com get from EVE.
I was wondering this too. I might hold off on ordering from there until the next shipment.

It's amazing how careless EVE is shipping cells, especially when you consider some of these orders are evaluation orders for containers worth of battery cells. You'd think EVE would understand that is just leads people to go with CATL or whatever. You'd think EVE tries to get a bit more market share, but they're ruining opportunities by shipping carelessly...

I've some cells with the new terminals en route from Amy now. Can mark this as as a new worry to add to the list. ?

Back