diy solar

diy solar

Rick's recommended compression containment for EVE cells (LF280K, LF304)

Springs would make sense to me only to unload pressure so that cell compression doesn't exceed maximum pressure.

Interesting thought.. But, if the spec sheets call for a specific range of compression at a specific SOC like the Gotion sheet on page one of this thread, then that will account for the increase in pressure by the roughly 11% expansion of the graphite anode at 100% SOC vs 0% SOC. It's quite likely the linearly increased pressure differential is desirable between initial compression SOC and full 100% SOC. (That's assuming cells do expand enough to increase pressure in a fixed case)

If pressure needs to be unloaded, then surely the cells are being overcharged and bloating, why doesn't a single commercial battery manufacturer use springs? - Or do they? I've not seen any interpret the data sheets as needing a constant compression force with springs. I'm assuming there must be some research paper the spring folks have read? Comparing dynamic constant pressure (Springs) vs fixed initial compression (standard clamp setup as outlined in both EVE and Gotion data sheets)

Back