diy solar

diy solar

LF280K EVE cells FAKE Grade A cells !

LaFabrik

Hi everyone,
I just received a batch of 280Ah cells
The seller assures me that these are grade A, tested at 306Ah, EVE LF280K new version, but...
Here's what I discovered!
Your opinion ?

IMG-1346.jpgIMG-1347.jpgIMG-1348.jpgIMG-1349.jpgIMG-1350.jpgIMG-1351.jpg1696877871794.jpg

There is no such thing as "A" grade cells. It's a marketing term. Cells are either EV grade or not. When EVE sells non-EV grade cells, they laser over the QR code with a big "B" - which as come to be known as "B" grade.

You have likely procured from a particularly lazy seller who couldn't be bothered to obliterate the old one before lasering on the new one.

On the other hand, the QR code under the cover is short.

On the other hand, the QR code visible when the cover is in place is wrong:

Your opinion ?
I have similar cells and they work fine in my 3P16S pack. Years ago I converted a VW to an EV and bought some Winston cells that were expensive but they were well matched and performed well for that EV. They were also $300 per kWh and were able to sustain brief discharge rates of 2 or 3 times their Amphour capacity. That was important for an EV but not important for a stationary pack that might see discharge rates never even close to half of the Amphour capacity. In C rate terminology, the EV cells could discharge briefly at 2-3 C and the EVE cells never go higher than 0.3-0.5C.

I say run them. If you’re concerned about them, run a full capacity test. But I think it’s waste of your time. That’s the new stops sign post, they have a good rep.

There is no such thing as "A" grade cells. It's a marketing term. Cells are either EV grade or not. When EVE sells non-EV grade cells, they laser over the QR code with a big "B" - which as come to be known as "B" grade.

You have likely procured from a particularly lazy seller who couldn't be bothered to obliterate the old one before lasering on the new one.

On the other hand, the QR code under the cover is short.

On the other hand, the QR code visible when the cover is in place is wrong:

Thanks for this information,
i think the visible QR code seem's good1696908172476.png

Have you load tested them yourself to verify they don’t meet the claimed capacity?

Have you load tested them yourself to verify they don’t meet the claimed capacity?
yes i did run the capacity test by myself, it is ok
so i'm little confuse, Are these cells grade A or not? why there are 2 QR codes, one of which is hidden under the sticker!

yes i did run the capacity test by myself, it is ok
so i'm little confuse, Are these cells grade A or not? why there are 2 QR codes, one of which is hidden under the sticker!
@sunshine_eggo already answered that question for you. @Alkaline is our resident QR authority but they look fine and if they meet claimed capacity, what’s the problem?

Hi everyone,
I just received a batch of 280Ah cells
The seller assures me that these are grade A, tested at 306Ah, EVE LF280K new version, but...
Here's what I discovered!
Your opinion ?

View attachment 171511View attachment 171512View attachment 171513View attachment 171517View attachment 171518View attachment 171519View attachment 171520

You need to get rubbing alcohol and remove the glue around the qr code to be sure. But that white sticker on the side is generally a sign of grade B, here are some examples once cleaned:

Nightguest: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/e...en-qishou-technology.69614/page-2#post-883224

Wepower: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/docan-power-bad-experience-beware.61866/#post-773779

This is how they look with the B code: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/e...s-using-new-marking-method.40287/#post-509479

Grade B can easily pass capacity test so that's not a way to find out the difference, mostly the main issue with grade B is that keeping them in balance is difficult so you have to use an active balancer or some other thing to keep them happy.

Now with some grade B it can get ugly, they can leak, have really bad capacity issues, or other issues that render them unusable, judging form the forum I would say between 5-10% of grade B are just trash, hopefully you didn't get any of these.

Attachments

• wepower.jpg
    wepower.jpg
    544.1 KB · Views: 50
  • nightguest.jpg
    nightguest.jpg
    493 KB · Views: 48
  • b-code.jpg
    b-code.jpg
    983.6 KB · Views: 49
Well remove the glue with rubbing alcohol or some solvent frist to be 100% certain. It will take a long time but this is the only way to be sure.

Thanks a lot @Alkaline you comment is very usefull for me
i will talk to the seller
If those two QR codes on the top aluminum housing are what I suspect are legitimate laser etched, it’s going to be a long rub. I would be very hesitant to get any solvent on the blue burst disk protector or on the terminal insulators.

If those two QR codes on the top aluminum housing are what I suspect are legitimate laser etched, it’s going to be a long rub. I would be very hesitant to get any solvent on the blue burst disk protector or on the terminal insulators.

Truth must prevail, worth it.

take a look at this @Alkaline
we see quite clearly traces of erasure under the QR code (could be sanding)

Attachments

• IMG_1379.JPG
    IMG_1379.JPG
    625.9 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1381.JPG
    IMG_1381.JPG
    686.3 KB · Views: 88
i used isopropylique alcohol

That is some bullshit right there. I'm not going to be buying anymore cells anyway, but if I was it wouldn't be so called grade A on principle, fuck those lying bastards.
Any cell that you do not buy direct from the manufacturer is grade B/manufacture reject.

Back