diy solar

diy solar

Anyone purchase from Gobel Power, experience?

doox00

Question for those how have ordered from Gobel Power. I ordered 32 cells (Eve MB30) and 2 Gobel Power diy cases from Gobel. I chatted with "Ellie" on their website for a few days about what I wanted and to confirm the Gobel Power case came with the new JK BMS or not and so on (which it does they claim) and they sent me a quote/invoice to my email for the total price shipped to my address, (nearly 4k USD was the total, fair price imo). I paid with CC (which had a 170 dollar fee if using CC or Paypal). About an hour or less after paying Ellie emails me and says I owe more money for shipping due to the remoteness of my zip (I am not all that remote btw, 15 mins from a decent sized city and 30 mins from the 2nd largest city in the state). Before sending me the initial quote./invoice I gave my address, Ellie gave me the shipping quote and even then said due to the remoteness of my zip the shipping would be X amount, which is the amount I paid in the invoice. Is this a tactic Gobel is using to extract more money from its customers or is this a one off and truely a mistake from Gobel Power that they are immediately after paying the invoice saying I have to pay more because of remoteness of my address as a reason?

Other than this issue they were friendly and I would recommend them as long as I receive what was ordered! :) Although they are a bit slow to reply to chats from their website at times, took 3 days of chatting to finally get a quote due to delays in replies, I was chatting with them during their business hours in China as well, so middle of the night for me.

I got my Batterotech 280ah few days ago from GobelPower. Not yet tested, but all cells condition seems to be perfect.

Then I planned to placed another order for EVE cell and requested them to use the same freight forwarder only to be told.........the previous freight forwarder is not taking any order for time being......duh..........

If you asked me, probably it is the freight forwarder (FF) who tries to extract more money from you. Remember, GobelPower is just seller. What happened is probably like this, Gobel asked FF for freight quotation, Gobel forwarded the freight quotation to you and you paid. Now seeing the chance, the FF decided to extract money from the "confirmed" order from Gobel or you.

Have bought BMS’s from Gobel in bulk after discovering them on Outback garage’s recommendation. They are reputable and deliver. Have dealt with Ellie and Jessie. Very pleasant experience.

Always sketchy sending large sums of money through PayPal but it arrived and work perfectly.

Hope to visit them one day.

Have bought BMS’s from Gobel in bulk after discovering them on Outback garage’s recommendation. They are reputable and deliver. Have dealt with Ellie and Jessie. Very pleasant experience.

Always sketchy sending large sums of money through PayPal but it arrived and work perfectly.

Hope to visit them one day.
why is it sketchy sending through paypal? Don't they offer buyer protection?
I noticed Gobel has direct bank transfer to avoid the 4.4% fee, that sounds scary.

I noticed Gobel has direct bank transfer to avoid the 4.4% fee, that sounds scary.

I don't think its sketchy paying via CC or Paypal but after getting a quote for the product and the shipping quote to my address and paying the invoice they almost immediately email me back saying I owe more money now for "remoteness" delivery fee, (even though when I was quoted I was told due to my "remoteness" the shipping with going to be X amount, which is what I paid.) This is the only part that I was a bit sketched out about, wondering if they are doing this to other people as well in attempt to squeeze more out of people after they had already paid the quoted invoice.

Yes I saw you can wire it for no fee, I did not feel comfortable with that, no protection at all at that point then, so I opted to pay via CC and pay the ~$170 fee.

Sorry. Always sketchy sending large sums to China when you’re on another continent.

PayPal is by far the safest route. Especially for the first engagement.

Now I’d happily buy directly from Gobel.

Check out Offgrid garage videos.

It was "only" $65 but wanted to see if this was a tactic they were using for others or just an honest mistake.
I'm haven't heard on Gobel specifically but have seen posts where random additional charges are added on the shipping end with other manufacturers/vendors.

Sorry. Always sketchy sending large sums to China when you’re on another continent.

PayPal is by far the safest route. Especially for the first engagement.

Now I’d happily buy directly from Gobel.

Check out Offgrid garage videos.

Off grid garage is how I learned of them, the gobel diy case and the new Eve MB30 cells, which is what I ordered, I used his links to order from his website, so hopefully he gets his commission, love his channel, so informative and I am a solar newb so have lots to learn. :)

I bought from GobelPower through Alibaba using CC, my quote including all fees was around $3,500 I made sure to double check that it was the final cost to me, but when I went through to the final payment page Alibaba had added another new $100 transaction fee on top, whether I paid in $ £ or ¥. FFS. Anyway I just sucked it up and paid. After that they realised they didn't have flexible busbars so shipped solid, but let me know and refunded the price difference quickly. TBH I think it depends on the salesperson.

I was PM'd by another member who said they did the same thing to them, so this may be somewhat common for them to do.

I got one shipping price off the cart on the website, a higher one via a direct quote saying that the website was out of date and then when I did not place an order a 2% off code was sent to me. The 2% off is useless as you can only use it on the website which has the wrong shipping costs. So went for some Fogstar UK batteries for the same cost and know them from previous orders.

Just posted my experience w/ Gobel in the Vendor forum......https://diysolarforum.com/threads/gobelpower-com.81989/post-1074102

In Feb24 I made 2 separate purchases using the Gobel Power website.
I too was concerned about the payment methods, but with the PayPal redirect I was comfortable using my Visa card. The shipping costs were included automatically. Noting Norton (questionable assessment) has flagged the GobelPower website as compromised, but I could not find out the reason why they flagged this risk.
The EVE cells I ordered took 2 months to arrive (to be expected), their condition was perfect, and included the options I selected at time of add to cart.
Compared to local options here in Australia, the all in was a fraction of the cost for the exact same products.
First time using Gobel, but they will be my first choice for future purchases.

Last week I also ordered the DIY kit and 16 batteries. I also communicated with Ellie. I think I got a $60 discount (big whup!) I was not asked for any extra shipping fee but I am located just an hour North of San Francisco. I ordered the DIY kit with the PC200 BMS...I hope that was the right choice. Guess I will find out in a couple of months.

Last week I also ordered the DIY kit and 16 batteries. I also communicated with Ellie. I think I got a $60 discount (big whup!) I was not asked for any extra shipping fee but I am located just an hour North of San Francisco. I ordered the DIY kit with the PC200 BMS...I hope that was the right choice. Guess I will find out in a couple of months.
If you wanted, see if you can change it to the new JK BMS, it has a built in 2a active balancer, it's one of the better bms's on the market (according to off grid garage and he is a pretty smart dude :).

Back