diy solar

diy solar

Gobel Power lower prices

G00SE

There’s two O’s in G00SE
List price of $55/cell.
Put 34 cells in my cart to see what freight would cost. Turns out, they have another discount of 15% off >$1000 orders.
OTD price for 34-280ah cells to my door is $2156.60 (600 in shipping and fees hurts)

Separately, Their “base” model 15kwh prebuilt vertical battery is down to an advertised $2089 (includes 200a BMS, active balancer and lsev grade cells). In cart with additional discount it’s only 1775.
But freight+fees was 830 usd. Made the box delivered ~$2605. 2 of them didn’t help shipping or fees and simply doubled cost. Still reasonable for someone not wanting to diy
I then looked at the pics of their pallets of raw cells to see if ordering in that quantity would help. Nope. Because they box each cell individually. So no savings by a 50 pack order.
So, now I’m waffling on 34 more cells as the delivered price makes my $79/cell envisions seem like yesterdays news ?
IMG_1570.jpegIMG_1569.jpegIMG_1568.jpegIMG_1567.jpeg

They are new old stock a year old.

All cells with intact QR, production date is between Jan, 2022 to Fed, 2023.

They are new old stock a year old.

All cells with intact QR, production date is between Jan, 2022 to Fed, 2023.
That means they are NOS Cells : New Old Stock.
They are likely fine BUT will HAVE TO BE TOP CHARGED & BALANCED !
Cells that have been in storage for over 3 months or that have been exposed to extreme colds need to have the electrolytes reactivated by fully charging to 3.650 Volts per cell.

NOTE that ANY "Matching" by Cell Static Voltage will NOT be accurate due to the stored state. If they tell you that all the IR's are ## @ their stored voltage means nothing.

That means they are NOS Cells : New Old Stock.
They are likely fine BUT will HAVE TO BE TOP CHARGED & BALANCED !
Cells that have been in storage for over 3 months or that have been exposed to extreme colds need to have the electrolytes reactivated by fully charging to 3.650 Volts per cell.

NOTE that ANY "Matching" by Cell Static Voltage will NOT be accurate due to the stored state. If they tell you that all the IR's are ## @ their stored voltage means nothing.
Correct me if I am wrong, but those stored battery should be charged at lower current just to be safe, no?
How "high" is the amperage for 280ah battery? Can't wait forever to slowly charge one cell.

Those cells can take 0.5C or 140A. You'll be Hard Pressed to find a charger capable of that.
You set cells IN PARALLEL and push 30-40A charge at them at 3.650 Volts till they only take 14A and they are done & ready.
Typically, folks will do 4 or 8 cells in parallel at a time. Yes it takes time but not that long, you do need a proper Bench Power Supply to do so. Not just any old changer either !!!

I use one of these:
TekPower TP1540E

List price of $55/cell.
Put 34 cells in my cart to see what freight would cost. Turns out, they have another discount of 15% off >$1000 orders.
OTD price for 34-280ah cells to my door is $2156.60 (600 in shipping and fees hurts)

Separately, Their “base” model 15kwh prebuilt vertical battery is down to an advertised $2089 (includes 200a BMS, active balancer and lsev grade cells). In cart with additional discount it’s only 1775.
But freight+fees was 830 usd. Made the box delivered ~$2605. 2 of them didn’t help shipping or fees and simply doubled cost. Still reasonable for someone not wanting to diy
I then looked at the pics of their pallets of raw cells to see if ordering in that quantity would help. Nope. Because they box each cell individually. So no savings by a 50 pack order.
So, now I’m waffling on 34 more cells as the delivered price makes my $79/cell envisions seem like yesterdays news ?
View attachment 190820View attachment 190821View attachment 190822View attachment 190823
Where are you located for that shipping cost?

List price of $55/cell.

View attachment 190820View attachment 190821View attachment 190822View attachment 190823
96 EVE 280Ah cells came to just over $1K in shipping.

I did not see a 15% discount anywhere.

The 15% discount auto applied for me after filling my cart.
When trying this morning it didn’t work.
I’ll try and track down the actual coupon code.
96 cells to my door was quoted ~6k (1300 for shipping)

15% off orders over $1000 code is PACKSAV10

Edit: no longer working at checkout

Seems like GobelPower often has new old stock, my Gotion 340Ah were made on 22 Aug 2022 and delivered after 72 days shipping on 27 Oct 2023, (14 Months old) but they showed me test reports from 6 month old cells before I purchased, so a bit of a piss take. Double check the dates from any cells from them!

Oh, and always open a chat first and ask for prices, shipping etc will normally be inflated until you ask.

Seems like GobelPower often has new old stock, my Gotion 340Ah were made on 22 Aug 2022 and delivered after 72 days shipping on 27 Oct 2023, but they showed me test reports from 6 month old cells before I purchased, so a bit of a piss take. Double check the dates from any cells from them!
Did it affect capacity? Balance?

I bought 40 cells from Amy Wan of Luyaun and those cells sat on a shelf here for at least 6 months if not a year.

Still the best cells I ever purchased. No issues with capacity or balance.

Seems like GobelPower often has new old stock, my Gotion 340Ah were made on 22 Aug 2022 and delivered after 72 days shipping on 27 Oct 2023, (14 Months old) but they showed me test reports from 6 month old cells before I purchased, so a bit of a piss take. Double check the dates from any cells from them!

Oh, and always open a chat first and ask for prices, shipping etc will normally be inflated until you ask.
How are the Gotion cells working?
Would you order from Gobel again?

72 days... Wowww

i haven’t seen many Gotion builds. 340ah seems awesome though

Did it affect capacity? Balance?

I haven't done a proper capacity test, but when unbalanced they pulled 96% pack capacity according to my SmartShunt. I'm still trying to slowly balance as a pack with the JK BMS active balance. I'm having minor issues with the cells which I think is busbar related, but I think the cells actually seem pretty good.

How are the Gotion cells working?
Would you order from Gobel again?

72 days... Wowww

Well, it was 93 days for Luyuan battery boxes!

Back