diy solar

diy solar

DIY LiFePO4 Cost Analysis - The Cheap November 2023 European Edition

V3 is cheaper than the v1/v2. Also, the one you linked to are no terminal version - not something 'regular' people buy. These are for companies, and they don't care if it's a couple Euro more.

Are there shops in Europe that sell DYI rack cases so I can add some of those NKON batteries to it?
E.g. EEL or seplos. Would think that buying in EU could save some of the transport costs

I still doubting for 19" rack vs the vertical standing ones... any pro's / cons to consider between the 2?

Are there shops in Europe that sell DYI rack cases so I can add some of those NKON batteries to it?
E.g. EEL or seplos. Would think that buying in EU could save some of the transport costs

I still doubting for 19" rack vs the vertical standing ones... any pro's / cons to consider between the 2?
medebredanaar :)

de enige die ik ken zit in engeland ( waar je met dezelfde narigeheid te maken krijgt als china import)
Er zijn leveranciers die warehouses in de EU hebben zitten ( denk aan Docan), maar de kost prijs zal zelfs hoger zijn, aangezien men dan niet alleen transport kosten, maar ook import kosten meteen aan de totaal prijs toevoegen)

WOW, Just looked at that EEL link and the cost of their cases, and INSANE, even with the "forced bms choices". Granted they are nice cases, particularly like the floor model with wheels but the price tag is NUTZ. Given that these likely cost less than $75USD at wholesale (case only) and with the extra "hardware" at most $100 USD...

medebredanaar :)

de enige die ik ken zit in engeland ( waar je met dezelfde narigeheid te maken krijgt als china import)
Er zijn leveranciers die warehouses in de EU hebben zitten ( denk aan Docan), maar de kost prijs zal zelfs hoger zijn, aangezien men dan niet alleen transport kosten, maar ook import kosten meteen aan de totaal prijs toevoegen)
LOL.. hi Mede bredanaar :) en andere Hollanders/Brabo's
Seems indeed the case.. than I can just as well import from China

WOW, Just looked at that EEL link and the cost of their cases, and INSANE, even with the "forced bms choices". Granted they are nice cases, particularly like the floor model with wheels but the price tag is NUTZ. Given that these likely cost less than $75USD at wholesale (case only) and with the extra "hardware" at most $100 USD...
This.... the case with BMS is over 600€... okay, that includes ~200-250 for a 200A BMS, but that indeed in my mind does not justify the remaining 400€ for few sheets of steel

Hello @upnorthandpersonal , could you pls explain a bit about the reasoning behind choosing 125LET (vs using 160LET for example or 180LET).
My understanding is this will provide a shortcircuit protection and also limit current so that some other fuse or breaker may stop the current in case of a overload (for example when BMSs fails to do that). Thank you

So, normally you size a fuse to protect the wiring. However, in this case you want the fuse to be close to the maximum power draw you expect. So i you have a 3kVA inverter, and your wires can handle 200A, that does not mean you put in a 200+0.15% fuse. Instead, you say I only load the inverter 80% max, so the maximum current I will see is somewhere around 50A - so you pick a 50A + margin fuse.
With a Class T and indeed a BS88 type fuse, you are talking about high speed 'semiconductor' fuses. These are not just to protect the wiring, but also the electronics such as inverters hooked up - hence the name 'semiconductor' fuse - indicated with this symbol:

MCvxK.png

So you pick a fuse slightly over the max power draw you expect, and you help protect your inverter in case e.g. the MOSFETs on the input blow.

Hi again . I was looking at your DIY battery and for the BMS to outside link (the 2xblack 7AWG wires) , maybe we can remove the
extra bussbar for a better contact ? I took a picture of blue wires going to B- by mistake , but the idea remains)

Attachments

• 20240201_095817-out.jpg
    20240201_095817-out.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 17
Back