diy solar

diy solar

Lifepo4 deals november 2023

G00SE

There’s two O’s in G00SE
Been getting a lot of emails from vendors with holiday/end of year type sales. And I also for no reason obsessively look at web page deals.
Wasn’t sure if I wanted to post it here, or in the battery sub threads.
In any case, it seems as though battery banks are often the hiccup for many. The cost to acquire the storage desired. This is going to be for 48v systems, focusing on budget builds not necessarily poor quality, but not the boutique prices either. These still all seem to be a better value than the pouch cells imo

Without further ado:

Sungoldpower has 25% off all batteries and free shipping for the whole month. Their server rack style is nice in that they are not as tall as the sok/eg4/others. They also sell a power wall. I don’t have personal use with them, but other members haven’t seemed to have reported much if any issues.
Server rack battery is $1238/ea. 4800 for 4.
Power wall is $1310/ea and 4920 for 4

Ezeal battery has server rack battery “early bird specials” thru November 15th for $1116.60
They also have an early bird on grade A 230ah cells for $84.53 and grade A eve 304ah cells for $111

Watts247 has BYD 100ah batteries for $1250

Currentconnected has the base SOK batteries for $1299. Nice thing about these is they are user serviceable. I don’t know that any others in this list are.

Signature Solar has the 48v weatherproof variant “refurbished” for $1136.75 with free freight thru November 4th

EEL battery has prebuilt kits for 11kwh (230ah cells) for $2699, with 280ah cells for $3099, and 304ah cells for $3179. Both server rack and vertical wall mount. These are not located stateside, but do have free shipping off the boat

I will try and add to this thread as I stumble upon more deals or price changes

Following.
Those 230s from Ezeal are really tempting. If they were 235ah I would have to order them since that would give me an even 1000ah (on paper)

I get advanced notice from Amazon dealers on battery and power station specials and some are really great deals.

Not server rack but good quality LFP batts.

I will try to post when I get those.

I get advanced notice from Amazon dealers on battery and power station specials and some are really great deals.

Not server rack but good quality LFP batts.

I will try to post when I get those.
That would be great. I honestly haven't even looked into the amazon options and didn't feel willing to provide options as I'd probably have picked some poor choices.

Li Time 12V 100Ah trolling motor batteries (with cold shutoff) currently on sale for $279 ea (if you care to DIY to 48V :) )

Starting November 17th Amazon is having an extended black Friday and there will be some good deals on solar equipment, batteries and power stations from what I am being told.
It's not recommended to put BMS controlled batteries in series. If you need a 48v battery. Buy or build a 48v battery.
Most LFP manufacturers specify how many batts can be connected in series and most say 4 that I have seen.

I agree with you that it isn't recommended because there will be balance issues down the road and more maintenance for that but it can be done.

51.2v 100ah server batteries have finally eclipsed the 3 digit territory!

Aolithium found here on eBay fir 999 for a single and cheaper for multiple

Screaming deal for 4 51.2 100ah batteries and free shipping.
I’m not buying, just had to place in cart to see if shipping was actually free and it is!
IMG_0505.jpeg

And now a stack of plywood costs the same hah! It’s wild times out here
IKR! The T1-11 I used 17 years ago for the cabin was $15 sheet and I thought that was expensive and that was the really thick heavy stuff you can't even find these days.

Now it is $40-$50 for the half inch sheets.

305ah envision grade B prismatic cells are coming back December 21st. $75/ea

Back