diy solar

diy solar

Lifepo4 deals november 2023

Never mind, I found it here. They have number of these listed on their store but only this one has the discount if you buy 4.

Ordered 4 instead of building using B cells. This is more expensive but I have a warranty and possible return if I need to.

Thanks for the heads up.

Homer
Looks like they updated the pricing today.. I thought it may have been a mistake on their part with the pricing/discount.. Hope they follow through and don't cancel on you..

Looks like they updated the pricing today.. I thought it may have been a mistake on their part with the pricing/discount.. Hope they follow through and don't cancel on you..
Yeah, I just saw that. I went to see if the HOLIDAYSAVE20 coupon would stack and maybe order a few more. We'll see what happens. I haven't received a cancellation yet. 4 units for a little over 20 kWh for $3,396 isn't bad.

Homer

Received shipping confirmation today, should be here within a week. Looking forward to completing my off grid solar shed. $849 per battery makes my day.

Homer

Received shipping confirmation today, should be here within a week. Looking forward to completing my off grid solar shed. $849 per battery makes my day.

Homer
Very nice! When I looked earlier, they took all of their server rack batts off of ebay.. :)

It appears that many vendors were NOT PREPARED for the demand and had lower expectations. I have been in touch with a couple of suppliers and they got "whomped" as one put it. So do not be put out if what you order is backordered and you have to wait for it. Also be aware that this is also an opportune time for scammers to play games so act accordingly.

Just found this Black Friday deal:

$399 SOK 12v 100Ah with Bluetooth and heater:

Now I have a high opinion of this seller and they also have a good reputation on this forum. But either this is an extremely good deal or there’s a catch. Maybe old stock?

Even if old stock, this is a screaming deal! It’s probably going away on Monday or when they sell out.

:::
Edit: I found the catch, only good for 12v use, not to be used in series without an external balancer (which is a good idea no matter what batteries you put into series):

• Notice: Can only be used on 12v systems, cannot be connected for 24/36/48 volt configurations without a balance management system.
I’m not super familiar with SOK batteries, so I don’t know if this restriction is coming across all their batteries or not.

Last edited:

Now I have a high opinion of this seller and they also have a good reputation on this forum. But either this is an extremely good deal or there’s a catch. Maybe old stock?

Even if old stock, this is a screaming deal! It’s probably going away on Monday or when they sell out.

Edit: I found the catch, only good for 12v use, not to be used in series without an external balancer (which is a good idea no matter what batteries you put into series):

• Notice: Can only be used on 12v systems, cannot be connected for 24/36/48 volt configurations without a balance management system.
I’m not super familiar with SOK batteries, so I don’t know if this restriction is coming across all their batteries or not.
I did see your favorite powerurus, their 12V 200Ah non heating is down to $547.

I did see your favorite powerurus, their 12V 200Ah non heating is down to $547.

Well I’m glad I already bought it because I’ve already spent enough money this season!

That’sa very good deal, even better than the SOK I just linked. Only difference is no self heat function or easy way to replace the BMS.

Looks like Current Connected have it (BT plus heater) for $20 more:

Batteryhookup has new 105Ah EVE cells for $40. LF280K V3 cells for $115.

Perhaps next year will be the year to buy raw cells and DIY my own battery. If the news is correct, then those 105Ah cells might go for $20 on Black Friday next year.

These CALB 180Ah plastic cased ones look interesting for mobile applications:

I'm torn between choosing between the 12V 200Ah powerurus or the 48V 50Ah DC house (no BT tho).

IMO, Bluetooth is essential in order to see cell voltages. Otherwise, your battery can get severely out of balance internally and neuter your capacity.

The power urus is a solid value and as you pointed out today is the best deal of the year.

In addition, the customer service I’ve gotten from Powerurus has far exceeded my expectations. Which is a big reason why I speak so highly of them. I have faith they would do the right thing should the battery ever give me problems. Which can’t be said for an unknown company. Who is DC Home? What is the basis of their reputation? I want not only a good deal but a company I can trust.

The shipping with them Nevers with works out well for me. I've seen quotes as high as 500, or just not eligible to ship to my address. To bad, there's some good stuff there!

The shipping with them Nevers with works out well for me. I've seen quotes as high as 500, or just not eligible to ship to my address. To bad, there's some good stuff there!
For me shipping comes out to $78 for 16 eve 105Ahs.

4 280Ah is $50 and 16 is $150 (all prices for ups ground). Which seems quite reasonable.

For me shipping comes out to $78 for 16 eve 105Ahs.

4 280Ah is $50 and 16 is $150 (all prices for ups ground). Which seems quite reasonable.
I'll look again, the prices you are getting are normal. Maybe it's the place I'm trying to send everything in Washington so I can drive down and get them from Vancouver.

That’sa very good deal, even better than the SOK I just linked. Only difference is no self heat function or easy way to replace the BMS.

Big difference, you want serviceability its a must I wouldn't even consider a battery without it, trust me seen plenty of Relion , Dakota, Ionic batteries go kaput and now a tussle happening with warranty claims, it almost always a balance issue or failed bms that can not easily be replaced.

Back