diy solar

diy solar

A warning about aliexpress and a question

Dommie

Warning
I have bought off AliExpress previously with no problems.

I wanted to buy a pylontech US5000 and Aliexpress came up with two offers at less than 1000 euro including delivery with both claiming they had European stock so no tax customs issues etc. Too good to be true but I tried to order.

Payment was declined and both told me just to transfer the money directly to them, provided thier "bank" details ( revoult accounts) and said they would add the order to Aliexpess once they received the money.

I have of course reported both to Aliexpress as of course it breaches their terms. I would have lost aliexpress buyer protection and also would have had no recourse to my credit card company.

I see Aliexpess often get attacked on this forum but in my experience their buyer protection works if you follow their rules but under no circumstances expect it to work if you do what these fraudsters asked me to do ;)

Question
I have a pylontech 2000c into an Axpert VM III and wish to add more storage capacity of say 3kw to 5 kw. What would be my cheapest option to do this ?

Thanks

My credit card was also declined on AliExpress, which I thought odd. I never would provide other types of payment, either. I soon realized the product listing was a scam. It was for a battery built of 18650 li ion cells, but the specified dimensions were to small for the alleged capacity.

I also have purchased many things off aliexpress over the years with no issues but recently learned when it comes to some things like the lifepo4 cells you have to be very cautious. I recently bought 12 cells (or so I thought ) from a seller who have positive reviews from previous sales but later after digging deeper I seen others state they were a scammer and it appears they planted fake reviews somehow.
Sure enough im in a dispute now and the seller even sent me the Fake tracking number screen shot which of course does not even come up if I got to that same 17track site and enter it manually.

Very frustrating

I also have purchased many things off aliexpress over the years with no issues but recently learned when it comes to some things like the lifepo4 cells you have to be very cautious. I recently bought 12 cells (or so I thought ) from a seller who have positive reviews from previous sales but later after digging deeper I seen others state they were a scammer and it appears they planted fake reviews somehow.
Sure enough im in a dispute now and the seller even sent me the Fake tracking number screen shot which of course does not even come up if I got to that same 17track site and enter it manually.

Very frustrating
Ah damn it. This is reading exactly how my experience is going.

Ah damn it. This is reading exactly how my experience is going.
I bought mine from Shop1100021109... somehow I missed the negative reviews and old focused on the 5 positive ones that came up for the item I bought.

Mine was from Shop1102264570. That should have been the alarm bell. when I purchased them at the beginning of October they had a lot of positive reviews and a lot of user posted pictures showing full capacity. Looks like those all got deleted (likely because they were fake reviews).

Back