diy solar

diy solar

AC Coupled Inverter - EG4 8Kw or Enphase Encharge

rcoleblack

Hey y’all. Currently have a 9kw Dc/7kw AC Enphase IQ8H system (self installed) that I'm wanting to add batteries/more solar too.

How’s the EG4 8Kw been lately? I think it’s exactly what I’m wanting but it just make me worry with all the problems will was having with it.

Recently I found some Enphase Encharge batteries for pretty affordable.

Looking for about 10Kwh.

Rough breakdown would be:
EG4 Hybrid: $6050 landed
Inverter: $2800
Batteries: $2700

Encharge: $9400 landed
Batteries+Inverter: $7600
System Controller: $1800
Optional/Future: More micros for more solar: $700

Another big downside to Encharge is if I wanted to add more panels I would subsequently need more micros. Also the 10T kinda has a low output at only like 3.3kw.

Do y'all think encharge is worth the extra cost to keep it all in the same ecosystem?

Anyone had any experience coupling IQ8s with the eg4?

How’s the EG4 8Kw been lately? I think it’s exactly what I’m wanting but it just make me worry with all the problems will was having with it.
If that is the MegaRevo re-labled unit, I would avoid. It is working for some, but in general it lacks the needed support from the manufacturer.
Look for the luxpower12k/EG4-18PV instead. It is a bit more expensive but has been reviewed/tested with great success.

Last edited:
Given the problems reported in this forum about Schneider/SolArk/etc AC coupling with iQ8's in grid down/off situations it would be surprising if EG4 didn't have similar problems.

Back