diy solar

diy solar

Adding Battery Capacity to Ecoflow River 2 Pro via PV InputA

OG Dave

Hello everyone!

I do astrophotography as a hobby and intend to use my Ecoflow River 2 Pro to power my observatory rather than run A/C out to the back yard. My maximum load will be around 95W and 13.5A. I will be using 2 A/C outputs. The Ecoflow will give me about 5-6 hours at that load, but I'd like to add a 50AH or 100AH LiFEPo4 battery to the PV input, adding battery capacity.

My imaging setup is fully automated and once I start an imaging session, it runs the plan overnight and parks the telescope. I want to ensure the Ecoflow provides power until I get up in the morning to shut everything down. So I'm looking for about 10 hours of runtime.

So, my questions are:

Can I just hook the extra battery directly to the Ecoflow via the XT60 PV connector? (12ga ring terminals to XT60)
Should I fuse the connection?
It can get cold some nights - will this negatively affect the battery efficiency? (e.g. Do I need a heated battery with low temp sensors?)
Should I go with the 50AH or 100AH?

Thanks for your help!
Dave

Assuming it is the same as my max, the unit comes with a cigarette lighter charging cord, so connecting to the port should output around 110W as long as the external battery has power. It should keep your Pro charged until the external battery dies.

Back