diy solar

diy solar

EcoFlow River 2 Pro X-Boost not working?

CeeRiX

Introducing X-Boost

X-Boost is our proprietary tech that allows you to power appliances with a higher-rated power than your EcoFlow portable power station. From coffee machines and electric cookers to power tools. X-Boost gives you the flexibility to get things done. It's that simple.

Air Fryer
1500W
Coffee Maker
1000W
Electric Drills
1080W
Microwave Oven
1300W
Electric Heater
2200W
Electric Fry Pan
1500W
Hair Dryer
1600W
Electric Kettle
1500W
How does X-Boost work?
Traditional battery inverters often overload when connected to appliances with higher-rated power consumption. X-Boost features an intelligent voltage control that marginally reduces voltage, allowing you to power devices with a lower-rated inverter, giving you more for less.

When I try to charge my EcoFlow Delta 1300 with my EcoFlow River Pro 2 and X-Boost it's not working properly.
Charging starts with 100.. 200 ...300... 700... 800.... Watt and than it drops to ZERO and starts over ....
There is NO constant input possible?!?

Do you have to follow a certain order?

Or is the EcoFlow Delta 1300 to weak? To much Volt from EcoFlow River Pro 2? To much Ampere from EcoFlow River Pro 2?

If I am not wrong it works a few weeks ago with my old EcoFlow River Pro 2. My current EcoFlow River Pro 2 is already an replacement.

The communication with EcoFlow is very time consuming and not very efficient.

You need to go into the options of the Delta 1300 and set its charging rate to be within the range that the River Pro 2 can supply.

Your larger unit is just drawing too much wattage (Volts x Amps) from the smaller one.

I have attached a picture of my app below, you should have a similar option in yours-

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240217-172412.png
    Screenshot_20240217-172412.png
    101 KB · Views: 1
Turn off xboost it's not for use for anything other than dumb big iron loads. And then set the Delta to charge rate of 700w (a little leeway from max of 800W). Dont put any other loads on the r2p.

You need to go into the options of the Delta 1300 and set its charging rate to be within the range that the River Pro 2 can supply.

Your larger unit is just drawing too much wattage (Volts x Amps) from the smaller one.

I have attached a picture of my app below, you should have a similar option in yours-
Hi Andrewr05 and Brucey,
thank you for your response!

There are no options or settings or app possible for the Delta 1300. Only plugs for input and output and button to turn on or off.

I am using the EcoFlow app for the EcoFlow River 2 Pro.
In the app there are a lot settings possible.

I am sure that I used the R2P already to charge the Delta 1300 BUT it was the 'old' device which I sent to EcoFlow because of this dropping to 0 over night.
I am not sure if the replacement has now other issues than the old R2P.

I will keep trying if it works with a miracle.

Fortunately the R2P has 5 years warranty.

I am using the R2P every day for my computer equipment plus Starlink. The Delta 1300 is just a big buffer for cloudy days with the batteries from my trailer 3x100AH.

I 'played' a little with a electric heater in my trailer. And this heater sucking A LOT.
After 2-3 hours both EcoFlows are complete empty.
For this experiment, the Delta 1300 is permanent connected to the trailer batteries with DC and the input is 'only' 80Watt/H.
The R2P is permanent connected to the Delta 1300.
When I turn on the heater, first the Delta1300 will be empty and than the R2P will be empty in 2-3 hours ;-)

It was more a test if the furnace is not working in cold nights, because the furnace in the trailer is much much more efficient.

Back