diy solar

diy solar

EcoFlow Delta 1300 Charging with 2x200 Watt solar panels. Input display weird....

CeeRiX

Hello,
I am very new at this forum and very new with power stations and solar panels and travel trailer ;-)
Rookie Boondocker....

I own an EcoFlow Delta 1300 and try to charge it with 2x200 Watt solar panels, serial connection.
EcoFlow Delta 1300 Manual: 10-65 V 10A, 400W Max.

I own another EcoFlow River 2 Pro.
EcoFlow River 2 Pro Manual: Solar Charger 10-25V 12A, 200W max

When I charge my EcoFlow River 2 Pro the display is constant e.g. 150 Watt input...

When I charge my EcoFlow Delat 1300 with 2x200 Watt solar panels the display is weird because it's going from 0 to 300 and back to 0 and again and again.... NO constant display of input.

Additional question: I am not using any charge controller when I connect my solar with the EcoFlows. I guess this is correct and I need only a charge controller when I charge my batteries direct with solar panels.

What is the Voc of the panels? It's possible you are hitting the 65V limit?

Yes mppts are built in don't need additional.

Hi Brucey,
Thanks for you quick answer.

Voc 21.6 Volt... by 2 = 43.2 Volt... less than 65 Volt.

Is it the ampere?

I just changed the charging from 2x200 to only one 200 Watt solar panel and the display shows the same weird numbers. like: 10 ... 150 ... 12 ... 140 ... 5 ... 160 .... etc . etc... NO constant display like with the River Pro 2. IMG_4504 Solar Panel 200 Watt Renogy Technical Specs.jpg

The Delta shows 33%...

I reconnected now. One solar panel 200 Watt to EcoFlow River 2 Pro and the display shows constant 130 Watt input. It's a little cloudy at the moment, usually if it's sunny it shows constant over 150 Watt input.

When I plug the Delta 1300 into DC in my trailer the display shows constant around 80 Watt...

I thought I can plug both 200 Watt into the Delta 1300 but not even only one works properly.

I can plug the second solar panel direct into my travel trailer because outside is a ZAMP plug for max 200 Watt.
On the roof I got 510 Watt. In sum this makes 710 Watt into the trailer batteries.
510 Watt input via Charge Controller in my Trailer, 200 Watt input via Charge Controller at my solar panel.

The try to rewire the panels was because I thought it's more efficient to charge the big Ecoflow direct.

The ecoflows BMSs can get out of whack versus reality, if possible try draining it till it shuts off, then full recharge from AC to full. That should reset the soc which may be causing issues. Otherwise potentially contact ecoflow for a warranty replacement.

Thanks for the replies!!!

I'm already in contact with EcoFlow about the EcoFlow River 2 Pro and it's not really efficient, emails back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and .... and ... and... and... with EcoFlow.

When they answer a question of mine, I have two new questions based on their answer.

Right now, I'm not really happy with either EcoFlow device. And I've already gotten a replacement for the River Pro 2.

I will create two more posts about the strange behavior of the EcoFlow River Pro 2.

Back