diy solar

diy solar

ECOFlOW DELTA PRO SOLAR EAST / WEST DESIGN

sustainableengineer

I have a solar generator configuration using the ECOFlow Delta Pros; I would appreciate a comment. I have a write-up and diagram that I will attach.
Thanks in advance for your help with this.

Here is a summary of my design and questions.

ECOFlOW DELTA PRO SOLAR EAST / WEST DESIGN

Design specification for review.

ECOFlow Delta Pro(s)
2 ECOFlow Delta Pros with battery extension
Combiner Cable box for 240 VAC output
120VAC Charging Input
D.C. Solar charging input
200 Amp Sub Panel
Solar
12 total 300W panels, 6 for each ECOFlow Delta Pro A and B See diagram

ECOFlow A and array A
ECOFlow has an array of two strings on an east-west roof, with three series panels in parallel with another string of three panels.
32.5 vdc x 3 = 97.5 vdc
9.85 dc amps x 2 = 19.7 dc amps
Total over-paneled wattage of 1900 watts
See diagram

ECOFlow B and Array B
ECOFlow has an array of two strings on an East / West roof, with three series panels in parallel with another string of three panels.
32.5 vdc x 3 = 97.5 vdc
9.85 dc amps x 2 = 19.7 dc amps
Total over-paneled wattage of 1900 watts
See diagram

Questions:
In an ECOFlow combined configuration, how do the batteries from each balance out?
Can the A.C. output be fed back into the A.C. charge input?
Will this help to balance the battery charge level between the two units?
The series/parallel combined solar array configuration ensures maximum solar power for the inputs of the ECOFlows.
See diagram

Attachments

• ECOFlOW DELTA PRO SOLAR EAST _ WEST DESIGN.pdf
    45.5 KB · Views: 15
  • ECOFLOW OFFICE 1.pdf
    12.3 KB · Views: 13
I would get the EcoFlow Smart Home Panel. I have one and control it from my phone app.

There’s no easy way to keep the DPs balanced as far as I know except to try to split the typical loads evenly between the two.

I’m trying to figure out a way to use a separate large battery bank to feed my two DPs using the solar charging port on the DP. If I can find a way then that would help keep both DPs balanced. I would have all the solar go to the big battery bank and from there feed the DPs. For the first time today, I connected a server rack battery to the solar charging cable and plugged it into the DP solar charging port and it didn’t work. I briefly saw 100w then zero. Nothing was damaged.

When the DP is charging from AC power, the inverter reverses to serve as a rectifier to charge the battery. That cuts the AC output of the DP if it’s connected to a load.

I run a 48v battery bank to my Delta Pro..
There are a few oddities with my MPPT with a 48v battery however..
And if you look at videos that people have on youtube of doing this, they are usually only using the "car" input.. Meaning it is limited to 8a of input..
I do not have a problem when using the car input level on the MPPT..
The problem starts with the "solar" input level where it can do up to 15a..
If using a straight low resistance cable to the MPPT input, the MPPT will hunt all around and almost never get to the 800watts or so.. If I go and add a long line of 12awg wire to the input, it will mellow out a little and usually do pretty well at finding that magic 800watts of input.. Also have found that large surge loads will reset the MPPT to some extent and cause it to renegotiate the input... Is it perfect, no.. Is it being used as designed, no, not really.. So I will work with it..

Also, that photo from the video above shows a 96v setup.. That seems like a no-no from all of the other server rack/48v batteries as they do not have high enough voltage mosfets in them to take the higher 96v in series...

Also, the problem you are trying to solve is what kept me from doing 240v on the Delta Pros.. Just too much to worry with.. I can get by with 120v at 3600w, so it wasn't an issue.. But wish there was some way they could be connected to balance..

free2enjoy​

If you use a separate battery BAT1 to charge DeltaPro via MTTP/car input, doesn't mean you double the number for batteries discharges, shorten the life of both batteries ?

Example : power a 1000W consumer for 3h
- DeltaPro capacity 3KWh
- BAT1 capacity 3KWh
- empty DeltaPro to power consumer 3KWh (1cycle of DeltaPro)
- empty BAT1 to charge DeltaPro 3KWh (1cycle of BAT1)

In the end you use 2cycles for powering the consumer instead of 1cycle.

I have a Growatt SPF 6000W ES PLUS + Pylontech 3.5KWh + 6KW solar panels and 2 x DeltaPros.
I charge the DeltaPros via regular AC from Growatt AC-OUT:
- loosing power because of double conversion : DC -> AC (Growatt) then AC->DC (DeltaPro)
- but preserving batteries cycles

Last edited:
Back