diy solar

diy solar

Need a little help / advice

Blown284

Hi everyone. I've only posted a few times but have been watching a lot of YouTube technical videos as well as reading a lot. Let me tell you a little bit about my current setup and then where I'd like to take things.

My current setup:

- 3 Ecoflow Delta Pro's, 2 extra batteries, Smart Home Panel
- Two 12V 200ah LiTime LFP batteries
- 2000 LiTime Inverter
- Victron 500ah smart shunt
- Victron 250/100 MPPT smart solar
- Four 550w Renogy BiFacial Solar Panels
- Two 48v 100ah rack type batteries (will be arriving in the next week).

When I first got into this, I thought for sure that the EcoFlow Delta Pro would do anything and everything that I need. While the Ecoflow's do work, my understanding now is that they have limitations on the amount of current (150v) and amps that you can received from your array. My plan is to eventually add a few more KW to my array (from my garage roof where I can likely add another 8-10 panels) and also try to cut my energy bill down. I built a ground mount system (posted it online) and have those 4 Renogy panels on it and it's working great thus far.

Rather than ditch the Ecoflow's totally, I figured since I already have a lot of $$$ in them and that ecosystem, surely I can still use them. So here's where I need some help you and your input. My plan is to pull in energy from at least one of the strings of solar, send it to the viltron which will keep my two 48v batteries charged. I could also use the other string to charge up my ecoflow delta pro via the LitTime pure sine wave inverter. Not really that efficient since it will be converting from DC > AC > DC but will be able to charge it up quick.

What would be your suggestions on how to scale this? Please don't tell me to just do away with the ecoflow.... I can't justify that to my wife right now... she's already unhappy that I've spent so much on them.

Thoughts?
-Tim

Somewhat similar to my start and continuing. I bought a Ecoflow River 2 Pro then a Delta Pro and a couple of Renogy 550 watt single face panels. Also a manual transfer switch and used it for a month or so and realized it was much more cost efficient to get out of the Ecoflow direction. Would cost a fortune for those extra batteries etc that are locked in to the Ecoflow ecosphere. So...I purchased a Sungold 10K48 and Sungold batteries which I'm happy with despite some issues and lot of learning experience.

I also blew out my River 2 when adding additional Renogy Panels - now up to 8 - by putting too much voltage/current into it accidentally by not realizing it was connected when I Plugged the panels together in the back yard. Fortunately Ecoflow replaced the River 2 under warrant! Easy Peasy. Something that is much more difficult with Sungold who seem to push back on every little problem and do not communicate well (language barrier?).

I still have the Ecoflow Delta ... it's a great box but am not using it. Continue to consider selling it, but haven't yet.

Much more about the Sungold system in my long thread on the trials and tribulations.

I can't really tell you what to do, just what my experience was/is and that the Ecoflow direction has it's limitations and is expensive but works quite well and has good customer support and warranty. Still I think I learned my lesson and a non Ecoflow direction is my better economically and capacity wise.

Somewhat similar to my start and continuing. I bought a Ecoflow River 2 Pro then a Delta Pro and a couple of Renogy 550 watt single face panels. Also a manual transfer switch and used it for a month or so and realized it was much more cost efficient to get out of the Ecoflow direction. Would cost a fortune for those extra batteries etc that are locked in to the Ecoflow ecosphere. So...I purchased a Sungold 10K48 and Sungold batteries which I'm happy with despite some issues and lot of learning experience.

I also blew out my River 2 when adding additional Renogy Panels - now up to 8 - by putting too much voltage/current into it accidentally by not realizing it was connected when I Plugged the panels together in the back yard. Fortunately Ecoflow replaced the River 2 under warrant! Easy Peasy. Something that is much more difficult with Sungold who seem to push back on every little problem and do not communicate well (language barrier?).

I still have the Ecoflow Delta ... it's a great box but am not using it. Continue to consider selling it, but haven't yet.

Much more about the Sungold system in my long thread on the trials and tribulations.

I can't really tell you what to do, just what my experience was/is and that the Ecoflow direction has it's limitations and is expensive but works quite well and has good customer support and warranty. Still I think I learned my lesson and a non Ecoflow direction is my better economically and capacity wise.
I have three strings running through conduit. My plan originally was to run 1 string to each ecoflow delta pro and the last strand to the Victron MPPT to keep the 48v batteries charged.

I can't help but think there has to be a way for me to quickly charge the Delta Pro's if I kept them plugged into the inverter which will connect directly to my 48v batteries. The biggest concern I have is the inverter at that point. The current inverter is a 12v inverter and I need to consider a 48v inverter.

Decisions decisions.

Back