diy solar

diy solar

Why string inverters have operating voltage starting at 120V

ATX

Are there AIO string inverters that have 80Vdc MPPT starting voltage, that can be paired with EG4 power pro/server rack battery? My solar setup produces 112Vdc at 20Amps. While it charges Ecoflow delta Pro unit at its max 1600W but is it a good idea to charge Delta pro at 100% capacity?

All AIO string inverters seems to have MPPT starting voltage around 110V and operating voltage range from 120-450Vdc, what is the reason?

Are there AIO string inverters that have 80Vdc MPPT starting voltage, that can be paired with EG4 power pro/server rack battery? My solar setup produces 112Vdc at 20Amps. While it charges Ecoflow delta Pro unit at its max 1600W but is it a good idea to charge Delta pro at 100% capacity?

All AIO string inverters seems to have MPPT starting voltage around 110V and operating voltage range from 120-450Vdc, what is the reason?
Smaller conductors, lower ampdraw, and support for more weather conditions with more panel string options.

another reason
Panels getting bigger with corresponding increases of VOC.
Panels with 40+ VOC rapidly outgrew the 145 VOC limit of older AIOs when setup in series

another reason
Panels getting bigger with corresponding increases of VOC.
Panels with 40+ VOC rapidly outgrew the 145 VOC limit of older AIOs when setup in series
Well then I am stuck with Ecoflow DP unit. Interestingly Tesla powerwall 3 in the only one that has MPPT with operating voltage ranging from 60vdc to 500vdc. And there are 6 on them!

Maybe future version of EG4 6000xp will support lower end of the voltage.

Back