diy solar

diy solar

Solar charging the Ecoflow Delta Pro

Liebherr912

I am wondering what is the best way to get extra solar input into the Ecoflow Delta Pro if you want to stick to the Delta Pro with the two spare Delta Pro batteries configuration. 1600W is extremely restrictive for such a large battery bank. I am thinking that an mppt with an inverter or a grid tie all-in-one could use the remaining panels to charge the system with AC, but I'm unsure if that is not super inefficient to the point of not making sense.

I am very new here, my first post.
But I am running into a similar problem at a smaller scale.
I have a Delta max and 1 xtra battery for a total of 3.6 Kw but solar charging is limited to
the standard 60 vdc 12 amps.

I am wondering what is the best way to get extra solar input into the Ecoflow Delta Pro if you want to stick to the Delta Pro with the two spare Delta Pro batteries configuration. 1600W is extremely restrictive for such a large battery bank. I am thinking that an mppt with an inverter or a grid tie all-in-one could use the remaining panels to charge the system with AC, but I'm unsure if that is not super inefficient to the point of not making sense.
your correct, the 1600w PV is a significant system short coming.

and if your considering another AIO for charging then just scrap the Ecoflow and just put in a normal AIO system that has real PV capabilities. (a 3kw Growatt will take 4500w PV)

The original plan was to use the three Ecoflow components in my RV in the summer and transfer them to my house in the winter to offset electrical costs with a DIY solar array, but it is turning into a maze of confusion for something that should be super simple. 10.8 kWhr storage is likely a perfect size for a small house to cut back a significant portion of the electric bill so it seemed like the logical way to use their products in the winter. After spending $6g+ on Ecoflow products I have to say I'm disappointed in the lack of adaptability built into their products. For that much money, the product seems quite limited as a solar storage solution. If they put a PV input of 1600W on each component they would resolve most of the complaints. Given the fact that the Delta Pro has the exact same form factor as the spare batteries, it seems like fitting the extra components in the same case with the battery would not be a problem at all.
I think the grid tie inverter with a stack of server rack batteries will be a better solution as you said. The solar on the RV is limited to 1200W so I guess that is where the Ecoflow products will stay. Why spend $6g when you can spend 10 to compensate for the lack of adaptability of a product? Perhaps I should run around with my 300lb Ecoflow set up in my trunk to find courtesy car charging ports so I can get the darn thing charged within a reasonable time frame and [save money???]. So much for Ecoflow + solar.

Yes, the solar input is limited. For now, I am using them as a client who has already purchased equipment. I am learning the key is to over-panel the input in current and cross your fingers. See my recent post titled,
ECOFlOW DELTA PRO SOLAR EAST / WEST DESIGN 12/16/23

Attachments

• ECOFlOW DELTA PRO SOLAR EAST _ WEST DESIGN 12_16_23.pdf
    49.3 KB · Views: 18
  • ECOFLOW OFFICE 2.pdf
    13.2 KB · Views: 14
I have a Delta 1300 that is limited to 400 watts at 60 volts. If I am not in a hurry I just let it charge with 400 watts. If I want to do it faster I hook about 1200 watts up to my battery bank and 3000 watt inverter and it's charged in less than 2 hours. It would be nice if they came with a higher solar input. My Bluetti AC200P is rated at 700 watts. I hooked up 800 watts the other day and was charging at 650 watts. Not bad for this time of year and it didn't take long to get to full.

The original plan was to use the three Ecoflow components in my RV in the summer and transfer them to my house in the winter to offset electrical costs with a DIY solar array, but it is turning into a maze of confusion for something that should be super simple. 10.8 kWhr storage is likely a perfect size for a small house to cut back a significant portion of the electric bill so it seemed like the logical way to use their products in the winter. After spending $6g+ on Ecoflow products I have to say I'm disappointed in the lack of adaptability built into their products. For that much money, the product seems quite limited as a solar storage solution. If they put a PV input of 1600W on each component they would resolve most of the complaints. Given the fact that the Delta Pro has the exact same form factor as the spare batteries, it seems like fitting the extra components in the same case with the battery would not be a problem at all.
I think the grid tie inverter with a stack of server rack batteries will be a better solution as you said. The solar on the RV is limited to 1200W so I guess that is where the Ecoflow products will stay. Why spend $6g when you can spend 10 to compensate for the lack of adaptability of a product? Perhaps I should run around with my 300lb Ecoflow set up in my trunk to find courtesy car charging ports so I can get the darn thing charged within a reasonable time frame and [save money???]. So much for Ecoflow + solar.
Time to buy the Delta Pro Ultra, it will handle much more solar.

Back