diy solar

diy solar

Delta Pro charging Delta Pro Ultra via Power Input\Output Port

Shmeggie

I have a Delta Pro with an extra battery and i just got my Ultra delivered. I was thinking of selling the Delta Pro and battery but decided to keep them. I have the Ultra charging from the Delta Pro via the regular AC connection and Solar and it works great. After reading the user manual about charging the Ultra using a regular generator via the Power Input\Output port I decided I wanted to see if I could charge using the front 120v 30amp output on the Delta pro and connect it to the Power Input\Output port on the side of the Ultra. I bought the Ultra Power adapter from Ecoflow and then a NEMA TT-30P to L14-30R Adapter Cord. Once I got it hooked up I turned on the AC power on the Delta Pro and the Ultra started charging but it tried to pull too much from the Delta Pro and the Delta Pro overloaded. Tried a couple times and each time it overloaded. Later i realized i hadn't upgraded the firmware on the Ultra which was 1.x something and the new firmware was 5.x, so i upgraded and tried the experiment again. This time when i turned on the AC the Ultra errored out with an error of 258. Thankfully it still works fine once i disconnected it. Anyone know what this error is? If you can connect a 30amp 120v generator port to the Power Input port I would think you could connect to the Delta pro's 30amp outport port, but maybe not. What do you all think?

Specs for Power Input\Output port from Ultra user manual:
Power Input/Output100-120~30A; 200-240V~30A, 50/60Hz

I'm curious about this also. In particular, if your provider 120V to the Input/Output Port, will AC pass through still work?

In this video, around the 5:30 mark, he's charging with 120V 30A using the I/O port however I do not see any output.

Since my first experiment was 120v from a Delta Pro 30 amp port to the Ultra Power In\Out port and that gave the 258 error, I tried the 2x Delta Pros with the Double voltage hub (240v\30 amp) to the Ultra's Power In\Out port and it worked great. I was able to push the charging of the Ultra to 3600 watts in the app. I tried to see if it would also charge from the grid at the same time and while it showed that there was a connection it only continued to pull power from the 2x Delta pros until i turned the hub off. I tried the 120v 30 amp again and it didn't work and gave the 258 error. Strange that the Power In\Out port info in the manual mentions both 120v and 240v, but the separate adapter from Ecoflow only allows 240v. Not a big deal as I'm recharging the Ultra via the Delta Pro + EB connected to the grid and 1600watts of solar (soon 3200w). I didn't get to try my gas generator, however it has a 120\240 30 amp connection so that should work fine.

I have Ecoflow Pro Delta in my boat. What is the best to supply 12v to it when engines are running to help charge. I can only ever seem to get
86 watts. I want to try a single source fused supply from the distribution box to the Delta what input and what size of cable that won't heat up !

Strange that it's not working - the Pro should be able to output. Can you throttle (current limit) the draw of the Ultra?

I'm curious what problem you're trying to solve, or is this just a thought-experiment. I can imagine wanting to charge the Pro over solar and pumping the power into the ultra, but I have a hard time imaging that the efficiency will take a major hit.

Back