diy solar

diy solar

Delta Pro and Aquariums

Tuffloud1

Is anyone using a Delta Pro as a backup/solar generator to run your aquarium?

Can you plug individual gfci outlets into the ac outlets on the delta pro and then your aquarium equipment into the gfci?

Reason I ask is because I have all my equipment for my aquarium plugged into a gfci wall outlet to protect me when I come into contact with the aquarium water. I see that Delta Pro will trip the gfci wall outlet when alternating between solar charging and charging from the wall ac.

So if I plug the Delta Pro into a non-gfci wall outlet and then plug gfci into the ac outlet on the Delta Pro and my aquarium equipment into this gfci, will it provide proper protection when I come into contact with aquarium water?

So first off, your aquairam shouldn’t be energized . ?

Second the GFIC of the house will provide the same protection of the GFIC Delta Pro.

So first off, your aquairam shouldn’t be energized . ?

Second the GFIC of the house will provide the same protection of the Delta Pro.
Of course, energized aquariums are never good!

I’m trying to understand what protection the Delta Pro has and if I need gfci outlets. Is the Delta Pro a floating ground? And how would this be relevant to running aquarium? Thanks for the help, sorry if I sound clueless, it’s probably because I am!

Does the delta pro have a GFIC built in? Or are you thinking of picking up one of these?

Tower Manufacturing 30438018 Auto-Reset 15 AMP Inline GFCI Single Connector Cord, 18 Inches, Yellow https://a.co/d/9xsV6US

Does the delta pro have a GFIC built in? Or are you thinking of picking up one of these?

Tower Manufacturing 30438018 Auto-Reset 15 AMP Inline GFCI Single Connector Cord, 18 Inches, Yellow https://a.co/d/9xsV6US
This is exactly what I was thinking about plugging into the ac output on the Delta Pro. I’m just trying to find out if it would work for the intended purpose since I’m essentially plugging the aquarium equipment into the gfci and it into a battery, not the standard ac wall outlet.

Back