diy solar

diy solar

Delta pro bank

chadherrella

How to charge a delta pro with a rack of batteries. I was watching the ecoflow delta pro long term review and mounting guide youtube video. How woukd you charge the delta pro with the rack of batteries on the top rack….do you use an inverter and plug into the AC input in the back of the delta pro?

Are you trying to do something like this without using inverter to convert DC to AC?

The simplest way is to use the other batteries to power whatever other inverter you have and use the AC input on the solar generator.

Depending on the voltage of your 'other' battery pack vs the voltage range of the solar input, you can make a connection to feed your battery to the solar input of the generator.

If you have a 12v battery system or have some other device producing 12v already, you can feed that to the 12v charge port of the solar generator (if it has one).

Some solar generators can charge from multiple inputs simultaneously, but this may be more trouble than its worth if you are not overly concerned about charge time.

I did not look up anything about a delta pro before posting this... lol

Awesome….is this how prowse did it with his batteries on the top rack in this video —>
@4:24 He is using those batteries to run the inverter, that inverter is also being used to charge his EV as he mentions, then the Delta is plugged into the AC outlet of the inverter to charge the Delta, he is not using the DC/Solar input to charge the Delta.

The simplest way is to use the other batteries to power whatever other inverter you have and use the AC input on the solar generator.

Depending on the voltage of your 'other' battery pack vs the voltage range of the solar input, you can make a connection to feed your battery to the solar input of the generator.

If you have a 12v battery system or have some other device producing 12v already, you can feed that to the 12v charge port of the solar generator (if it has one).

Some solar generators can charge from multiple inputs simultaneously, but this may be more trouble than its worth if you are not overly concerned about charge time.

I did not look up anything about a delta pro before posting this... lol
Nice. I was thinking of connecting the battery rack (20kwh) to a 1800w inverter that has ac plugs. Plug a cable to the ac plugs on the inverter to the AC input behind the delta pro which has that x-stream fast charging at 1800w.

I saw this inverter on amazon —> https://a.co/d/6NJCRFw

Attachments

• DF185C18-5954-4C49-9013-05C40DA53A25.jpeg
    DF185C18-5954-4C49-9013-05C40DA53A25.jpeg
    708.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 8FF2E1D7-92CE-4DC5-BFDC-6FC11D7E5EA5.jpeg
    8FF2E1D7-92CE-4DC5-BFDC-6FC11D7E5EA5.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 6
@4:24 He is using those batteries to run the inverter, that inverter is also being used to charge his EV as he mentions, then the Delta is plugged into the AC outlet of the inverter to charge the Delta, he is not using the DC/Solar input to charge the Delta.
Yes i was thinking about the inverter. Since the x-stream AC input behind the delta pro is 1800w fast charging i was thinking i should get an 1800w inverter -> is this one good ? —> https://a.co/d/6NJCRFw

Attachments

• 18A9679B-7511-4283-821E-CACA24E96B2B.jpeg
    18A9679B-7511-4283-821E-CACA24E96B2B.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 3
  • CB2B1617-AF49-4D4C-8D74-3E403F860F72.jpeg
    CB2B1617-AF49-4D4C-8D74-3E403F860F72.jpeg
    708.8 KB · Views: 2
That is Modfied sine wave inverter not, pure sine wave, the Delta may not like it.
Get a 2000W pure sine wave at least, you do not want to run the inverter at full load spec. for a long time.

Last edited:
That is Modfied sine wave inverter not, pure sine wave, the Delta may not like it.
Get a 2000W pure sine wave at least, you do not want to run the inverter at full load spec. for a long time.
Oh thats good advice. I also watched a prowse tutorial showing the other parts i would need - 2 solar panels with mc4 connector connected by XTC connector to the charging controller 20A which is connected to the fuse box with 25A fuse, fuse box also connected to the 2000w pure sine inverter and battery bank rack, and finally the inverter connected to the delta pro.

Attachments

• B7FEB67F-887A-455F-9045-330A233EB335.jpeg
    B7FEB67F-887A-455F-9045-330A233EB335.jpeg
    195.6 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: Tym
So i might be missing something but.. the fact that you have this 20kwh 48v pack in the first place, suggests to me you probably already have some other inverter in order to make use of the battery pack.. why are you buying a separate inverter for this? Why not just plug into the inverter you already have?

So i might be missing something but.. the fact that you have this 20kwh 48v pack in the first place, suggests to me you probably already have some other inverter in order to make use of the battery pack.. why are you buying a separate inverter for this? Why not just plug into the inverter you already have?
This is so true, it would be enough for running inverter with charger like SPF 5000ES like im going to do. The only cons i have here is the battery, its really rare to get Lifepo4, some selling for really high price unbranded.

The theories above will not work if one had two Delta pros connected with the dual voltage hub so that one can power their home with 240V. Using the dual voltage hub turns off all AC output and input.

Please do not plan on charging the DP with AC power while using the inverter UNLESS you are absolutely sure you will not pull more than 1800w ( probably safer to say 1500w) from the inverter.. This should take in to account if you are trying to start any motors or something with a high surge start..

Plan on charging via the DC/solar input instead.. You can continue to pull full inverter wattage while charging from the DC input.. You'll only get 800 watts or so from a 48v bank, but you don't have to worry with the inverter limitations..

Personally, I wish these manufactures would configure "solar generators" in more of a double conversion setup and not have the AC go in to passthrough mode when plugged in to AC power..

Back