diy solar

diy solar

AGM to LiFePo4 conversion

RPS Solar say they don't actually have a firm number on standby watts for the pump. Could be 100 up to 250 depending on what the pump is doing at the moment, such as whether it's sensing the pressure or whatever. It's a little vague. But contrary to what they told me when I ordered it, they're now saying that it really isn't in fact designed to be on 24 hours a day and agree that a switch will make a big difference. Current plan is to use the 24v 200ah LiFePo4 battery I ordered this week with a new switch I'll install and then monitor how the battery is charging for several days/a week of usage. At that point I could add more panels if needed but it sounds like it may be workable at that point. Thanks for all the help with this to those who weighed in.

RPS Solar say they don't actually have a firm number on standby watts for the pump. Could be 100 up to 250 depending on what the pump is doing at the moment, such as whether it's sensing the pressure or whatever. It's a little vague. But contrary to what they told me when I ordered it, they're now saying that it really isn't in fact designed to be on 24 hours a day and agree that a switch will make a big difference. Current plan is to use the 24v 200ah LiFePo4 battery I ordered this week with a new switch I'll install and then monitor how the battery is charging for several days/a week of usage. At that point I could add more panels if needed but it sounds like it may be workable at that point. Thanks for all the help with this to those who weighed in.

A voltage measurement, and a DC clamp ammeter on the battery cable with the pump and PV inactive should answer the idle power question. :)

Back