diy solar

diy solar

Alarm GE freezer/fridge

Chuck96704

Hello, I’m a new to the forums but have the experience of frying one battery bank. I have a new energy star GE freezer/fridge that alarms every time the External thermostat sends power to it. It’s a 15.7 foot fcm16dlww. It only has an alarm reset not a switch to turn it off.
I the widened differential on t-stat to 6 degrees. I’ve thought about opening the circuit board to physically disable the speaker. I even thought of packing the reset housing in an insulation filled jar. Any ideas???

Thanks for the reply. I didn’t know the super glue thing. The circuit board that’s home to this alarm and the cold/coldest dial is contained inside a plastic box.
I’d have to cut a hole to get to the board. Then superglue the piezoelectric buzzer. I have a little homework . Thanks

every time the External thermostat sends power to it.
Wondering how a thermostat sends power???
Also, you seem more concerned about silencing the alarm than resolving the problem the alarm is signaling. Seems misguided to me but i don't understand how your external thermostat sends power or why it would do that.

I have. Johnson control A419 external t-stat. I had this unit on my previous chest freezer that is smaller and not energy star rated. That freezer had a switch to disable alarms whereas the new freezer only allows me to silence the high temp alarm.

I’ve kept it set for between 37 and 40 degrees according to the A419.

Back