diy solar

diy solar

Ali Walkable Panels

No not me.
But that antislip systeem is not that great
Dirt and more wil stuck on to it.
And on a boat it will have some moss gone grow up.
Thanks to that antislip systeem.

So personal i will not go for those

Also, $305 for a 120w panel is very vert very expensive!!!

I just installed a BourgeRV 10BB Arch panel on my MotorHome. It is in an area that I need to lay on to tilt my other panels - but I don’t walk on it - especially with heels…. That panel is $139 - which is still a very high price at $1.39/watt… but it fit the space requirements I had. Pay attention to the $/watt of any solar panel you are thinking of.

All panels are walkable...
ezgif-5-03a6487fa1.gif
(It is a pallet of 5 panels)

Some only once, but despite the look "no panels were hurt in the making of this video"!

I would think you can walk in any panel if the back is suitably reinforced, it's obviously going to put tread wear in the surface but I'd think that using something like spray pu foam on the back of a panel to fill the void and placing it in a flat surface would be fine. if you can source cheap second hand panels and reinforce them It would be far cheaper and have much better performance than the flexible panels from Ali.

No, you shouldn't walk on any panel!
Those flexible ones will surely cause micro-cracks on the cells.

I've had the opportunity to work with raw sunpower cells. I can tell you that while they are somewhat flexible, they do crack too. Any pressure or force on these will make the solder points stress points on the cell and cause them to crack.
Not recommended.

No, you shouldn't walk on any panel!
Those flexible ones will surely cause micro-cracks on the cells.

I've had the opportunity to work with raw sunpower cells. I can tell you that while they are somewhat flexible, they do crack too. Any pressure or force on these will make the solder points stress points on the cell and cause them to crack.
Not recommended.
Recipe for a roof panel fire?

I think only the CIGS panels by BougeRV (probably made by some offshoot of MiaSole) and SunFlare are truly walkable.

The downside of walking on those is the protective layer is evidently pretty easy to scratch, although some walking is probably ok if you have bare feet or socks on.

I do think the CIGS have a use case if you must have a extremely lightweight portable panel that can handle massive flexing. Hiking, some boat situations, etc. If you don't leave them out in the sun 24/7/365, the coating might hold up for a number of years, but I would guess it is going to get UV damage eventually. Still, if you were hiking, would you want a 6 pound 200 watt panel that is rolled up as small as a sleeping bag and is only good for about 100,000 watt-hr in the sun or would you want a 40 pound aluminum/glass framed panel that is 2 feet by 5 feet and will last 25 years even though you die on the hike from the weight?

I only need them to work for 5 years or so until I replace them. This is for a van deck. Cost is a semi-factor. I'll use the deck to fuck on at concerts.

These seem great. Much like on a boat, semi disposable.

These seem great. Much like on a boat, semi disposable.

At $6+ dollars a watt you better be able to f___ on them like the above poster mentioned.

Upon further reflection, I think getting two of those 400w folding renogy panels to clip on a deck makes the most sense. It's much cheaper and they'll last longer, and you still get a deck.

diy solar

diy solar
Back