diy solar

diy solar

All-in-one LV6548 with 3 x 5.1kWh SOK for an RV: Location / Mounting, Safety, Etc.

scottwstevenson

After experiencing the failure of 5 (yes, five) EcoFlow Delta Pros, I've decided I can't count on their product to serve my purposes. (Once I have working units, I'll be selling all of my EcoFlow equipment...) I hav 2 x Delta Pros and 4 x smart batteries, and all the accessories for a total of over 20kWh (plus a "smart" generator).

Primary use is to be in an RV I'm building out in a box truck. I'd hoped to be able to, when / if needed, lug the Delta Pros into my house for back-up power, which is one big reason I went with their system, as well as that it theoretically would be plug n' play.

----------

Plan B *for the RV* is to use a LV6548 all-in-one and a server rack, starting with 3 x 5.1kWh 48V SOK batteries. This will be a little shy of my previous battery capacity, but still plenty for the RV. I've got 1400W of solar on the roof with a bit of a funky configuration (planned out for use with the EcoFlow units) but something the LV6548 can accommodated b/c it has two solar inputs.

This is the combo: https://watts247.com/product/lv6548-6-5kw-3-7kw-bundle/

Will basically has it set up here:

My Newbie Questions:
1.) The Manual suggests vertical Mounting of the LV6549 with 20cm spacing on each side, and 50cm above. (Standard / generic picture in manuals of similar units. A LOT of space around it.) I've got a conveniently located closet-space in the RV (made of wood) that is about 24"w x 24"depth x 7ft high, but not technically without enough space to mount the LV6548 vertically.

In this professional install, they've mounted the LV6548 vertically, in a space that is a bit smaller than what I have (in all dimensions, and not nearly as tall) and violated the suggestion in the above, below, and side spacing per the manual. They used metal (I presume non-conductive) to insulate the walls.

If I loaded the LV6548 on the top of the server rack above the SOK batteries per in Will's video (above), mounted it securely in this closet, and insulated the wooden walls with Hardie board, would this be a safe installation? I could vent this closet space extensively without a problem.

Thanks for any help!

-Scott

I chatted with Ian at Watts247 and he suggested that as long as airflow is in order (and of course, other things are sensible, such as not mounting near flammable materials, etc.) that I should be OK using the SOK rack to mount the LV6548.

-S

Back