diy solar

diy solar

AMPINVT 6000w 48v SPLIT PHASE INVERTER

Aldricoak

Are the 6000w 48v AMPINVT inverters reliable? Anyone using one or two with modern electric stove top with red glowing burners under tempered glass? I am looking to go all electric (off grid) without the use of cooking with a cast iron stove. I use wood/coal multi-fuel cast iron stove for heating and making coffee or tea but would like to bake, broil and fry with electric. Battery power and solar charging is not a concern, however I am in need of "field" experience war stories on the above mentioned device to make a more researched conclusion before purchasing the AMPINVT inverters.

So by everyones silence, I guess my skeptism of the AMPINVT 6000w 48v inverters remains.

I'm also looking into their 6000W inverter. Considering giving it a shot. Wouldn't have thought much of the brand, but a friend of mine has one of their charge controllers (60A I believe). I had built him a LiFePO4 battery so I was messing with the settings; while the interface is a little primitive, as a whole the unit is accurate, well built, and simple (the good kind!). So I went and checked the prices on this brand and I'm pretty impressed - I may start using these for simple solar backups rather than the usual clunky, inaccurate, overpriced stuff from Renogy and the like.

But anyway, that got me looking into their other offerings. Turns out they have split phase inverters from 2k-6kW, 35A grid charging, UPS function, some with solar input as well. They're very well priced compared to anything else (<$1000 for 6kW), and of course I'm skeptical... so imagine my surprise when I happen upon a review where this guy had taken one apart... and sitting inside was gigantic transformer. They are true low frequency! So, yeah, my interest is peaked. Those that have tried them seem to like them quite a lot. Only thing that puts me off is that there's no mention of idle consumption power... hopefully it's not like 150W or something :). They have a storefront on Alibaba, I'm gonna see if I can get some more info. Would appreciate hearing people's experiences, if anyone here has any!

i have worked with the 5000W 48V version. my impressions are the hardware looks decent, but sw settings are very simplistic, not a lot of flexibility, and the faults are too sensitive. i do not know if it is capable of 5kW, never loaded it that much, but transformer and H-bridge look beefy

It gets over battery voltage fault everyday during charge from a separate mppt, do not know how to raise it. luckily the annoying buzzer can be disabled. my abs charge is set to a typical 57.6V, nothing crazy. does not seem to affect inverter operation

When the well pump turns on, sometimes the battery goes into OCP, basically turning the battery off for a few seconds. which is not really the inverters fault, but the problem is the inverter will shut down and never recovers. i must reset it to turn inverter back on. if there is grid power connected, it will switch to grid mode, and never switch back to inverter mode and show no errors

tech support has been responsive, but does not have a solution to it not restartingn automatically.. we ended up upgrading to a samlex evo4248sp runs the well pump easy. the battery still occasionally shuts down due to OCP, but the evo restarts itself automatically, keeps on trucking

Last edited:
I'm also looking into their 6000W inverter. Considering giving it a shot. Wouldn't have thought much of the brand, but a friend of mine has one of their charge controllers (60A I believe). I had built him a LiFePO4 battery so I was messing with the settings; while the interface is a little primitive, as a whole the unit is accurate, well built, and simple (the good kind!). So I went and checked the prices on this brand and I'm pretty impressed - I may start using these for simple solar backups rather than the usual clunky, inaccurate, overpriced stuff from Renogy and the like.

But anyway, that got me looking into their other offerings. Turns out they have split phase inverters from 2k-6kW, 35A grid charging, UPS function, some with solar input as well. They're very well priced compared to anything else (<$1000 for 6kW), and of course I'm skeptical... so imagine my surprise when I happen upon a review where this guy had taken one apart... and sitting inside was gigantic transformer. They are true low frequency! So, yeah, my interest is peaked. Those that have tried them seem to like them quite a lot. Only thing that puts me off is that there's no mention of idle consumption power... hopefully it's not like 150W or something :). They have a storefront on Alibaba, I'm gonna see if I can get some more info. Would appreciate hearing people's experiences, if anyone here has any!
I have been working with a 5KW Ampinvt inverter (FT-50248) for 3 months now. For a low price unit it is really impressive. I have measured no-load DC current draw in Inverter mode using both a DC clamp-on ammeter and a directly inserted HP DMM. Both read 0.58 +/- 0.02 Amps and stable after the fan slowed. This is roughly 30 watts, which is excellent for a unit this size. Others have reported far higher numbers.
On a related topic, the ECO mode is not useful, at least for my application. According to the manual, and confirmed by tech support, the load must be less than 500 watts (for 5 KW unit) to enter ECO mode.
I agree with all your comments and observations, I would add this is not a "plug & play" unit. Using it requires some care and thought.

At the time of my original post I was looking at the 6000W 48V AMPINVT and the EG4 3000EHV 48V. Due to the lack of shared "field" experience on 6000W 48V AMPINVT I went with the EG4 unit. Since my original post I have purchased two of the 3000EHV units and continue to purchase the EG4 5.12 Kwh LL-S (48V) server rack batteries. Prior to the EG4 batteries I was using CHINS 12.8V 100AH batteries with the 3000EHV. I had opened the CHINS battery cases and removed the actual cell pouch block from within. Removed each respective 12V bms and series all the cell pouch blocks together effectively creating a single 48V battery. This "new" battery block is controlled by a JK BT8S-20S 120A 0.6A CAN with Smart Active Balance. While the CHINS cell pouches and JK bms worked wonderfully I opted for the control abilities of the inverter working in communication with the batteries. Thus far I have found the EG4 batteries, while convenient on communication and connections with the inverter, the CHINS and the JK Bms worked just as well and, have thus far, charged and depleted equally.

Back