diy solar

diy solar

Anker 767 Powerhouse and 2x AllPowers SP035 portable 200w solar panels in parallel

Shaner1tx

I have been testing a single SP035 with my Anker 767 for a couple of weeks and the SP035 seems decent for the price (which I also got on sale almost half price) with input into my 767 averaging 130-140w at ideal angle and position to the sun. At one point I noticed the SP035 provide 172w which I haven't seen since. I got a 2nd SP035 and tested them individually to confirm they both provide 130-140w same time, sun, angle, etc. and then I put them in parallel and the power into the 767 is only 180w.

SP035 specs:
Rated 200w
VOC-47
VMP-20
LMP-10

The Anker will input only up to 20a and two SP035 panels should be 20a in parallel and volts should remain 20. I have communications in-progress with both Anker and AllPowers to understand why only 180w in parallel. I'm trying to determine is this a SP035 or 767 issue.

I am in Texas and the sun during all this testing has been full on and I've even gone to the extreme of using an app for exact angle, time of day, azimuth, etc. to be sure I compare apples to apples between tests. Anyone else seen this behavior? Am I misunderstanding anything in my calculations?

Thanks,
Shane

My understanding is the SP035 VOC (47) connected in series would exceed the 767 voltage limit. Am I misunderstanding this?

767 solar input specs:
11-32V⎓ 10A; 32V-60V⎓ 20A (1000W Max)

And the 767 comes with a 5 port parallel adapter so I started with this parallel config.

Actually I get now that the combined 47 VOC is within Anker limits, that is my mistake. I would probably need to to get a adapter cable to connect both SP035 in series. But I would expect parallel out to be higher.

So you just confirmed why I am in the newbie section asking questions!! hehe! okay no additional adapters needed. I just reconnected the two SP035 panels in series and getting 265w+. Yep I feel dumb!! I appreciate such a quick fix solution from you. ?

Actually I get now that the combined 47 VOC is within Anker limits, that is my mistake. I would probably need to to get an adapter cable to connect both SP035 in series. But I would expect parallel out to be higher.
If each of the panels have VOC of 47v, and the charger has max of 60v you won’t be able to use those panels in series.

What was the battery SOC when you were running the two panels in parallel? If it’s close to 100% that’d explain why you saw limited PV generation.

The VOC per panel is 23.5v, so combined VOC is 47. I overlooked that I was within the Anker limits and thought I wasn't when in series.

THe Anker main battery is 100%, the expansion battery was at approx 30% when I started testing both SP035's together. At this moment in series the solar input is now 277w so I should be good. But I was surprised by the low parallel power.

The VOC per panel is 23.5v, so combined VOC is 47. I overlooked that I was within the Anker limits and thought I wasn't when in series.

THe Anker main battery is 100%, the expansion battery was at approx 30% when I started testing both SP035's together. At this moment in series the solar input is now 277w so I should be good. But I was surprised by the low parallel power.
I'm having the same issue with 2 Massimo 200watt panels when connect to the Anker paralell I only getting 215 combined 109-115 individually. Can you tell me how you connected them in series ? did you still use the anker charging block? A picture would help alot.

Back