diy solar

diy solar

Ant BMS “OpenLine”

alienwrkshop

Hello,

Does anyone in here use an AntBMS and has experienced an “OpenLine” error?

Equipment list.

(8) 272ah cells wired in 8s for a 24v bank. Ant 7-16s 100a BMS.
Victron Multiplus II 120x2
Cerbo GX
(2) Orion 24/12-70

This system has been in service without issue for 2.5 years now.

Backstory, power went out in the RV park we’re in last night. Huge storm. We didn’t notice at first as the inverter system took over power needs but I’m pretty certain it had only been out for a couple of minutes before this next part happened.

I had an A/C running, turned off as soon as I realized grid power was out. The ac was already running, so no surge wattage.

About 2 minutes later, all 12v power went out as well.

I connected to the BMS and saw the charge and discharge said open line. Tried manually turning them back on, no dice. Shut down the BMS and reset it. Waited a while. Cycled it back on, no dice.

I can’t find any documentation online or in the forums about this particular error.

According to the mobile app total voltage right now is 26.6v. However cell 8 is showing 0.635v while the rest are showing 3.328 - 3.330v

Any thoughts on what may have happened?

As a temporary solution, I’m thinking about bypassing the BMS. But I really would prefer to not do that. That said, I do need to get power to my refrigerator soon.

It’s still dawn here, but I plan on testing cell voltages with a multimeter today to see if cell 8 is really bad or not.

This feels like a bad sense lead or BMS though. I won’t be able to get a new one until mid-week. We live full time in our rig and will need 12v power before it arrives if that’s the case.

I’m curious if it’s safe to bypass the BMS for a few days, and what the likelihood that I have a bad cell is.

Update. Bad crimp on the 8 cell sense lead. Fixing now but that seems like it was the issue. I’ll post back if it wasn’t for anyone else that may run into something similar.

Back