diy solar

diy solar

Any suggestions for this small setup? 3 panels to Jackery 500

Mr2

Got 3 residential solar panels for a really good deal and am trying to hook them up to my Jackery 500 while living in the woods.
I have low power needs - mainly just some small LED bulbs,a small 12v Dometic fridge, and charging my laptop infrequently, and a few other small things here and there. Will be upgrading the system will batteries/inverter/controller eventually when i move onto my own property, but not interested in dealing with all that at the moment.

Does anyone have any suggestions or want to let me know if I'm in the right direction? This is the diagram I made up.

-I need to run wire from the solar panels to my canvas tent ~150ft. Is it possible to run a single cable from the branches/fuses to the Jackery? Rather than running 150ft positive and 150ft negative into the 8mm DC plug for the Jackery input?

-Is there a risk of overloading the Jackery with the solar panels? Or will the output from the panels be capped to the Jackery's solar input level and continue to operate as normal? Would it be better to not use all of the panels?

Thanks.

Attachments

• solar-wiring.png
    solar-wiring.png
    47.7 KB · Views: 10
  • panel-info.jpg
    panel-info.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I didn’t see the standard info in the listing but that is only 40Ah and ~60W of solar input.

The jackawry is not only low capacity, it also will only run an electric cooler for 9hrs according to their literature. And it’s $500. So with the ~60W SCC that can probably only recharge about 75% of capacity daily it’s a losing game.
For $600 a coupla walmartha flooded marine deep cycles, an Epever SCC, and a Giandel inverter will get you just enough to do what you want and still be able to fully recharge daily on sunny days.

Back