diy solar

diy solar

Jackery 500

Brown579

Hi i bought a Jackery 500 second hand with a 100w solar panel the only issues is with the ac port when you initially turn it on it registers an output of 4w to 13w and it just alternates between the two if you plug anything in it pulses with the alternating out put on then off on then off. If youy leave it turned on with nothing plugged in the it will settle at 7w output and then will work fine no pulsing?

I spoke to the guy I bought it from and he has informed me that his daughter plugged the wrong charger in and that he got a third party repair on a blow capacitor. He then charged it and sold it to me unaware of the issue. My question is will this be a costly repair or should I just live with it I assume they have put the incorrect part in any suggestions or recommendations welcome.

Regards

Dave

There's no way to tell if it's going to keep working like that or stop working altogether. We don't know if the incorrect part was used, or if other parts are damaged and not detected by the repair guy. It's just guess work at this point. You might be better off returning this one and getting another that works properly from the start.

Yeah, definitely try to get your money back and avoid buying something like that used in the future.

Back