diy solar

diy solar

Anyone have experience with MPP Sub mode? Solar then Grid no Batteries

That sounds too low to have your AIO give an indication of PV. So now we need to figure out why it is so low when it its 204v elsewhere. It would seem that you have a bad connection. Sometimes you can read full voltage until a draw occurs with a loose connection.
Just to be clear the reading from the connectors that are attached to the array is 204V. While that was disconnected from the inverter I took a reading from the MP4 connectors attached to the AIO. That reading was 29V.

Just to be clear the reading from the connectors that are attached to the array is 204V. While that was disconnected from the inverter I took a reading from the MP4 connectors attached to the AIO. That reading was 29V.
AAARgh! The wires need to be connected. However your mention of them being MC4 tells me that this AIO is one of those that does not direct wire but has the MC4 inputs instead to plug into. Which goes to explain much.

Trouble shooting this is going to be a process since you will need to be able to see if voltage is reaching the AIO internals. This may take a qualified person to do. My guess is the installed MC4's are bad.

On a side note after multiple attempts to setup the built in wifi I was unable to do so. I wonder if the firmware flash at the factory is bad?

Back