diy solar

diy solar

Anyone notice the price of solar panels?

Prosolar

Gang...

I have more PV energy than I know what to do with it. I have both off grid and on grid systems. I haven't had an electric bill in over three years, and still run the AC and charge an EV.

But that doesn't stop me from looking at solar panels and balance of system components.

When I purchased the last 4kwp of solar from SanTan solar, I paid $145 for NEW 330 W panels. I don't remember the make or model right now, but I do remember they were quite inexpensive. Shipping costs almost half of the price of the panels.

That being said, poking around the 'net the other day looking for cheap panels and was quite surprised at how expensive they have become.

I'm talking new here and not used.

Has anyone else noticed the price increase?

As recently as January of this year you could buy 290 and 320 watt REC twin peak 2 panels -new but of course not newly manufactured- for $149-154 each at A1 solar store. Won’t find anything anywhere close anymore.

Yes, panel prices are up a lot. However, there was a fuss over whether solar panels from Southeast Asia were using Chinese components and getting around tariffs. That tightened the market a lot due to uncertainty. I have a feeling there is a glut of panels in Asia that will eventually make its way here, perhaps giving some price relief. That is speculation on my part.

Just checked... price gone up, well... maybe a little. Rumors tend to be exploited so you have to be willing to shop around.
PV price survey

the average inflation of the 38 nation members of the OECD is currently 8.8%. The US is actually under that average at 8.3%.

Yes, it's a worldwide problem.

the average inflation of the 38 nation members of the OECD is currently 8.8%. The US is actually under that average at 8.3%.

Yes, it's a worldwide problem.

The moment that M1 (one of the money supply indicators) started shooting almost straight up, the fix was in. Anyone who knows anything about fiat currency knew that inflation would eventually skyrocket, and those who believed the bogus government propaganda have been duped this whole time.

This was published on June 11th.

Last edited:
The moment that M1 (one of the money supply indicators) started shooting almost straight up, the fix was in. Anyone who knows anything about fiat currency knew that inflation would eventually skyrocket, and those who believed the bogus government propaganda have been duped this whole time.

This was published on June 11th.

LOL...the GatewayPundit? Give me a break. Every article they come out with is total Bull Shit.

It's worldwide inflation. Are all governments in on this fix? I am a CFO of an engineering company. Most of our material comes in from overseas. It's not just the US.

LOL...the GatewayPundit? Give me a break. Every article they come out with is total Bull Shit.

It's worldwide inflation. Are all governments in on this fix? I am a CFO of an engineering company. Most of our material comes in from overseas. It's not just the US.
Numbers don't lie regardless of who publishes them. To dismiss that is truly myopic.

Numbers don't lie regardless of who publishes them. To dismiss that is truly myopic.
That means every country on the planet is lying. No matter what numbers you want to use, the entire world is experiencing the same basic inflation. It's a supply and demand issue. We have low supply and large demand.

Back