diy solar

diy solar

APC Smart UPS 3000RM NET can it use LiFePo4 batteries

Russ1150

Hi, I am a newby to this forum and LiFePo4 batteries. I have two APC Smart UPS 3000RM Net ups units. I have been using 4, 12V, 100 AH batteried to power them. And they work fine with that setup but I am considering using the LiFePo4 batteries instead of the lead acid batteries. I have read many of the threads in this forum. But I have not seen anything that says I can do it or not. My main consern is that the LiFePo4 batteries have a higher charge voltage than the lead acid batteries. Is that a problem or not? And any other issues that I might need toknow..Please help a newby.. Thank you

Biggest issue is the current drawn from the batteries when powering the load. A lot of small LiFePo4 batteries, especially those in the form factors of the small lead acid batteries used in UPSs, don't have the current output capacity for use in a UPS. You will need to make sure you use batteries and a BMS that can deliver at least 75 amps for this UPS

What I was thinking was 4 LiFePo4 12V 100 amp batteries connected in series. Or maybe building my own batteries from 3.2v 280 amp LiFe Po4 cells..

Back