diy solar

diy solar

APC Smart UPS system setup

Mgrdave

Good day and Happy New Year,
I am pretty new to DIY Solar so excuse the newb questions. Recently one of our offices shut down allowing me to inherit a big 8kW UPS used for protecting our servers. The model APC SRT8KXLT Smart UPS. Also included was an APC AP9627 Step Down Transformer.

What I am trying to do is put together a little home project that uses the SRT8KXLT and maybe the step-down transformer. Ideally, I would like to start with an all-in-one unit similar to MPP Solar LV6048, then connect some panels. Not able to find too many resources using the SRT8KXLT unit for off grid projects. Am I way off or is there another approach or all-in-one device I should be considering.

I included links to the items below for reference.

APC SRT8KXLT

APC AP9627

Appreciate the help.
Dave

192vdc battery makes it hard to integrate into an off grid system. It's really just good for what it is, a UPS.

I find it funny that these are so often paired with step downs, we had some like that at my own work. Because the servers all take 208v fine, so there's really no reason for it and they could have just used a 208v pdu instead.

192vdc battery makes it hard to integrate into an off grid system. It's really just good for what it is, a UPS.

I find it funny that these are so often paired with step downs, we had some like that at my own work. Because the servers all take 208v fine, so there's really no reason for it and they could have just used a 208v pdu instead.
Figured even with a split phase inverters there might still be power balance issue. Thought something mobile would be better then installing a 2-phase hard wire.

Not sure the guy that purchased the pair even knew what he was doing. Probably a sales guy gave a recommendation.

Figured even with a split phase inverters there might still be power balance issue. Thought something mobile would be better then installing a 2-phase hard wire.

Not sure the guy that purchased the pair even knew what he was doing. Probably a sales guy gave a recommendation.
Yeah the transformer is a fun thing to have around, I just don't get the sales guys who are doing this. I guess the customer says they want regular 120v and the sales guy just wants to close the deal without a lot of questions.

I have the SURT10000xlt with a pair of transformers, sitting around for 4 years and I'm still clueless. Ultimately would like a solar powered home, but I'm stuck on building a proper battery to power it.

Back