diy solar

diy solar

Auragen??

justinm001

Solar Addict
Anyone have Auragen or know any info about them? Seems to be able to connect to engine to provide 120/240 AC directly regardless of RPM. I've seen a couple other coaches that have 8500w models but they have up to 20kw. This would be ideal to charge while driving

Found a couple on ebay but looks like I need the alternator and a ECU.

We had one on a gov vehicle. I think it was 5000w. It had a monster alternator thingy that probably weighed 100lbs and then had a big box maybe 2ft long that you plugged into.

We had one on a gov vehicle. I think it was 5000w. It had a monster alternator thingy that probably weighed 100lbs and then had a big box maybe 2ft long that you plugged into.
It looks like that's an inverter and maybe batteries as it has an auto start function. I can see gov vehicles wanting to use it as an all in one power but only run engine sometimes if needed

As I recall, there was a switch on the console that would turn on the generator and rev the engine up to around 1200rpm. It was pretty cool but cost a fortune.

We had it on a Ford Expedition. By the time we added the Auragen and a custom interior and a crap ton of radios, we had almost $150,000 in that beast:oops:

As I recall, there was a switch on the console that would turn on the generator and rev the engine up to around 1200rpm. It was pretty cool but cost a fortune.

I figured and they seem secretive about pricing and parts which usually means outrageous new. Although there's ones on ebay for a couple grand. Seems like just 1 part though. From my quick googling it seems there's a alternator component which creates power then an external rectifier that converts to DC or AC or both. A bit too pricy for me to just buy the alternator and play around with how to get power from it..... plus a bit too dangerous

Me thinks they are targeted to the Military and Public Safety markets, which means stupid money...

Back