diy solar

diy solar

Axpert 8 kW battery charging current issue with Genset

Carmax

Problem solved; Setting 16 in the inverter changed to C50. Now changing at 30 A.

Dear All, I ask for your help. 6 months ago i had a Voltronic Axpert 8 kW installed. The install also entails 2 x US-5000 Pylontech batteries and 12 panels, ea 460V well connected and all works fine. At top sun-performance, the system charges with 60 - 65 amps. 60 is default, but fine as it is. (65 is the value that Watchtower gets me btw while the actual inverter charging value is 150 Amps which is way over the 60 A default value, but I trust the Watchtower value is right since it seems more real-time).
But the previous as a context footnote:
-->Today I connected a new 3.4 kW genset (Hyundai HY3400SEI).
I tried setting the primary source to charge the batteries at SUB / SBU / UBS but the charging amperage does not surpass appr 7 - 10 Amps, AND ONLY WHEN THERE IS STILL A FEW WATSS FROM THE SUN ALSO CHARGING, LIKE 40 PV WATTS or so.
Running the Genset at dark with no solar charging at all, the genset will not charge the batteries with a single amp.
(Note: The Genset works well to charge the house load demand in other words, the Genset responds well to power demand)
But in short, The charging by the Genset is zero if there is zero charging by the PV panels at night. So...Something is off, it should just charge 30 Amps and fill up the batteries in 90 minutes.
If there is anything you guys know that I don't know, then let me know. I much appreciate all input from the community.
Thx all! L
L

Last edited:
Glad you found it! Your post will be helpful to someone else that runs into the same problem.

Back