diy solar

diy solar

Backup mode SOC grid charge current limiting RHI 5kW and US5000

Raze

Hi All

Very good and informative forum
I also found a lot of info and answers in this forum, but nothing on my issue. I'm on 3 phase so my RHI 5kW is on phase L1 to N 230V where I have the highest loads. Since I have 3 phase configuration (400V line to line, and 230V line to neutral) supply my main breakers are 3x20A so only 20A on each phase, which lead to the big problem.

I have 2x US5000 to my RHI 5Kw and when the Inverter start to charge to settings of my backup SOC it goes full power of 5000W + house loads on that phase on top of that. This results in the main 20A fuse blows within 10-20min.

I have not found any setting restricting or adjusting the charging amps for charge in Backup mode. Grid charge amps and force charge amps are all override in Backup mode. I use the Solis battery setting Pylontech LV and BMS informs inverter max charge / discharge 160A and inverter capable of 100A. Adjusted on the inverter but when entering the me menu again it has defaulted back to 100A

I do use the self use mode now but in the winter when no sun (Finland) I would like to use Backup mode to keep the battery at 80% when blackouts occurs, sometimes several times a week. This is not possible since I have no way to adjust the grid charging. Also the Solis RHI is running Soft V. 40003C

Is there any setting too lower or adjust the overall charge current from the grid for Backup mode charge.
I don't wanna use "User defined batteries" as the BMS loses contact with the inverter and not able to tell if something is really wrong.
And upping my fuses to 25A is not possible in my configuration.

Hi and welcome! Sorry didn't spot your posting earlier, so maybe it is fixed now.

The Solis RHI has charge current configurable in the TOU settings - is that what you are using to charge the battery? Using self-mode here, so am not familiar with backup-mode. I guess, from re-reading your posting, that charging rate in backup mode is not configurable from the Solis.

In which case, as you noted, it is the BMS of the battery pack that tells the Solis at what max rate to charge or discharge - this information is sent every second in a CanBus message. So, I am wondering if it is possible, via the PylonTech RS232 console, whether you can configure the max charge rate that the batteries will demand?

Back