diy solar

diy solar

Balancing two 100ah/12v Lithium batteries???

Rbertalotto

Solar Enthusiast
Folks are suggesting that I should charge both of my 12v/100ah Li batteries to full, and then connect + to + and - to - and let it sit for 24 hours. These batteries will be used in parallel in my travel trailer. Is this accurate or necessary?

Folks are suggesting that I should charge both of my 12v/100ah Li batteries to full, and then connect + to + and - to - and let it sit for 24 hours. These batteries will be used in parallel in my travel trailer. Is this accurate or necessary?

I exclude myself from these "folks"

Definitely parallel charging is a good idea. Leaving them sitting in parallel is a monumental waste of time.

For a parallel installation, it hardly matters other than batteries ship at about 30% charge, so charging them before you install them may be very convenient.

Thank You!....One battery is at 13.85v/100% SOC and the other is at 13.59/90% SOC......before I put them into the trailer should they both be at the same SOC?

Thank You!....One battery is at 13.85v/100% SOC and the other is at 13.59/90% SOC......before I put them into the trailer should they both be at the same SOC?
If the batteries are to be used in parallel.... just install and put them in service. Voltage is close enough.

Or is this a series set up for 24v?

Back