diy solar

diy solar

Basic settings for Victron 100/30 and Lithium

perceval

Lots of graphics seen, and read through the Victron manual, but I'm still not really getting it.

I have 400w solar, hooked to the Victron 100/30, and a 400AH Lithium battery.

What I want is the battery to reach 14.4V, then settle down to 13.3V (which is the battery resting state if left alone, if I understand right).

What do I do in the settings to achieve that?
It seems my battery does not go above 13.56V.
I had it hooked on a different setup before, with a 110V wall charger, and was able to reach 14.4V. But with the Victron, it doesn't seem to charge higher than 13.6V.

Attachments

• Photo Jun 16, 11 28 16 AM.png
    Photo Jun 16, 11 28 16 AM.png
    118.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Photo Jun 16, 11 29 24 AM.png
    Photo Jun 16, 11 29 24 AM.png
    117.2 KB · Views: 17
To me it looks normal. It’s in bulk charge and won’t reach 14.6 until absotption.

Your battery does not have a lot of amps going into it And has just started bulk charging where it pushes a lot of amps. Once it reaches the 14.6 volts, it will start to taper back amps until it barely pushes them and enters float mode.

Your wall charger proabably pushes more than 20 amps, or has reached the absorption phase.

You may also be underpaneled with 400 watts of panels. I typically run 950 watts of panels to charge a similar sized battery bank. It could be you’re not seeing enough sun to fully charge the batteries.

Do you have a battery monitor?

Thanks!

I just use the bluetooth app.

I would love to get more solar, but that's all the space I have on the roof!

I would highly recommend the Victron Smartshunt or BMV712 (if you don’t already have it). And using their Bluetooth setting up a network between them. That way you can know how full or empty your battery is.
since you are limited on your solar - if your battery is low on charge you can then do something to fix it.

A portable panel system can help.

On top of the 950 watts I mentioned, I also have 400 watts of ground panels. Pointing and angling these into the sun three times a day can get me more production then the 950 watts of panels.

I would still get a shunt first,

Back