diy solar

diy solar

Battery build picture thread

Is the white material sheets of HDPE? Are you clamping the cells with it? They look nice and snug in the housing. Looks great!
Yes, it's 3/8 hdpe. The sides aren't compressing anything, but the cells are compressed from the open end using captive nuts with studs pressing against the floating HDPE plate up against the cells. There are also 2 narrow strips of floating hdpe on top of of the cells acting as a hold down (also using captive nuts and studs). You can see the compression and hold down approach a little better in the following pics.

1615320513824.png1615320536613.png

really, really nice housing. I haven't started building mine yet, but it won't be anywhere near as nice as yours. Well done

Yes, it's 3/8 hdpe. The sides aren't compressing anything, but the cells are compressed from the open end using captive nuts with studs pressing against the floating HDPE plate up against the cells. There are also 2 narrow strips of floating hdpe on top of of the cells acting as a hold down (also using captive nuts and studs). You can see the compression and hold down approach a little better in the following pics.

View attachment 40253View attachment 40254
That's a slick system you have there! I like it a lot.

Back