diy solar

diy solar

Battery Communications??

Ryanstier

Hi all - I’m looking at the Delta H6 hybrid inverter. The price is amazing. I also want to add a battery bank to my system. I’m concerned about the “communications” input on the inverter and whether or not it will allow a battery bank other than a powerwall2 or lgchem. I’d like to go with the Valence battery because they’re plug and play it seems. Here is a copy of the inverter manual:

Attachments

• H6-Hybrid-Inverter_v1.1_02_03_17-release22838.pdf
    4.1 MB · Views: 28
Hi all - I’m looking at the Delta H6 hybrid inverter. The price is amazing. I also want to add a battery bank to my system. I’m concerned about the “communications” input on the inverter and whether or not it will allow a battery bank other than a powerwall2 or lgchem. I’d like to go with the Valence battery because they’re plug and play it seems. Here is a copy of the inverter manual:
I’m not opposed to the lgchem. The inverter manual specifically calls out the powerwall2. The seller said the lgchem would work too. I just want to make sure this will work! I hope you can help

I'd be interested in what you found. . .it looks like it communicates over CANBUS

Same here..interested. Seems too good to be true for price of these. I assume firmware locked to Tesla Powerwall2 battery. I would ask seller proof of working with alternate batteries.

Sellers specifically say that it was only designed for the Powerwall 2, though one posting says it works will LG Chem "or others that have communication capabilities." I expect that means that it provides canbus communications and possibly control. However, none of the sellers are going to provide proof it works with alternatives - someone just has to try it and let us know!

OP - do you have the ~36 12v valence batteries to be able to run this? Or were you going to be able to get higher voltage valence batteries?

I have a 260VDC battery bank with CAN hi/low and am curious if this unit will work for me? What happens if you don't meet the nominal Voltage the inverter specifies? Will it not register/be recognized by the inverter?

Sellers specifically say that it was only designed for the Powerwall 2, though one posting says it works will LG Chem "or others that have communication capabilities." I expect that means that it provides canbus communications and possibly control. However, none of the sellers are going to provide proof it works with alternatives - someone just has to try it and let us know!

OP - do you have the ~36 12v valence batteries to be able to run this? Or were you going to be able to get higher voltage valence batteries?
Travis in Hawaii is tying it not much luck has 4 videos on this

I’m not opposed to the lgchem. The inverter manual specifically calls out the powerwall2. The seller said the lgchem would work too. I just want to make sure this will work! I hope you can help
It is for powerwall 1 that is why they are so cheap and has a lot of them, Tesla changed the powerwall from having 400vdc wires coming out. To an inverter inside the battery 120vac coming out going to sub load panel. Manual was printed before the Tesla changed it.

Back