diy solar

diy solar

Battery disconnect causes inverter fan to run?

bds70

Because I am building new batteries that necessitated re designing the solar locker. This afternoon I reconnected my existing battery, via a 400amp fuse to a battery disconnect, and then to the positive bar on the lynx distributor. After a few minutes the inverter fan starting running which it has never done before. I decided to remove the switch and connect direct to the bar. No fan, all good.

I tested the continuance of the switch that's all good.

Anyone got any thoughts as to what might be happening?

2nd question I have 2 seperated inverters, both multiplus, and 1 battery bank of 4 280ah batteries in parallel. Should I connect both inverters from their battery terminals to the lynx or just one? I rarely had to charge via AC on the old setup and this should be no different. Is their an advantage to having both inverters pushing in charge from AC if needed?

Anyone got any thoughts as to what might be happening?
Is the location of the inverter really hot? My inverter/charger seems to have a few conditions where it turns on its cooling fans:
1. When AC-DC conversion (etiher AC power drawn or AC power used to charge the battery) is above a certain threshold, which seems to be about 700W
2. When the temperature measured by the inverter is above a certain value, regardless of the cause of that temperature increase. So in high ambient temperature conditions, the fan can run even under relatively small loads of 100-200W.

Is the location of the inverter really hot? My inverter/charger seems to have a few conditions where it turns on its cooling fans:
1. When AC-DC conversion (etiher AC power drawn or AC power used to charge the battery) is above a certain threshold, which seems to be about 700W
2. When the temperature measured by the inverter is above a certain value, regardless of the cause of that temperature increase. So in high ambient temperature conditions, the fan can run even under relatively small loads of 100-200W.
That is what used to happen too. It just seems odd that with the switch in the circuit the fan runs constantly, but remove the switch entirely and the fan only runs when it needs to.

Would The fact their not joined upset the charging calculations?
Not sure what you mean by "calculations".
But it's fine to have multiple charging sources, as long as the total current doesn't exceed the battery manufacturers recommendations.

diy solar

diy solar
Back