diy solar

diy solar

Battery Generator Won't Charge Through AC or DC- Look at this panel please

ChardaveJ

I bought a battery generator off Amazon. There were no reviews at the time of purchase, but started coming in after mine arrived, 11 out of the 12 reviews was the unit won't charge by USB or AC. Here is the unit: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B5WHJDNX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am attaching a photo of the board that on the other side are the charge ports, the square is the back of the USB (doesn't look like anything is even connected to it) and the circle is the AC port (shouldn't there be a negative line there also?) is this what is wrong with it possibly or am I looking at it wrong? (The AC plug has silicone on it, as a lot of connections do)

Attachments

• 342227413_1214312612543398_8260610280152835557_n.jpg
    342227413_1214312612543398_8260610280152835557_n.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 8
The usb socket is likely surface mount so connections on the other side, however the board has probably been designed for either surface mount or through hole depending on what sockets they get cheap. I would suspect a failure rather than intentionally disconnected as from what I can see, it looks like a realistic charging circuit, well a pair of them.

The other charge socket likely has the negative connected straight to the PCB.

I found this 'review' and the comments suggest a chip fails but there are no other real details.
The manual looks... well thin... and very light on any specs.

Seems it was also sold as Suaoki

Also as CooFly 1021wh Power Station

I think you'll be in the relm of repair / hacking to salvage anything.

The usb socket is likely surface mount so connections on the other side, however the board has probably been designed for either surface mount or through hole depending on what sockets they get cheap. I would suspect a failure rather than intentionally disconnected as from what I can see, it looks like a realistic charging circuit, well a pair of them.

The other charge socket likely has the negative connected straight to the PCB.

I found this 'review' and the comments suggest a chip fails but there are no other real details.
The manual looks... well thin... and very light on any specs.

Seems it was also sold as Suaoki

Also as CooFly 1021wh Power Station

I think you'll be in the relm of repair / hacking to salvage anything.
Thank you! If I took more pictures, would you be able to spot the chipsets? Maybe I could replace it. Seems a shame to waste this unit, seems solid in every other way. Or hell, if I could make the lines come out and put a battery charger on it?

Last edited:
Thank you! If I took more pictures, would you be able to spot the chipsets? Maybe I could replace it. Seems a shame to waste this unit, seems solid in every other way. Or hell, if I could make the lines come out and put a battery charger on it?

Hi, I've no knowledge of which chip(s) are at fault, just what I'd read on the youtube comments. You can check the chips for any physical damage but beyond that you'd need someone who can trace the voltage through from the ports and interpret the schematic. Often the chips have the tops scrubbed so you can't tell what they are.

One thing to check with the USB charging, is are you using a proper PD (power delivery) charger. These can charge at 12 or 15V rather than just 5V USB Standard. I don't expect it would charge from a 5V USB.

If it was mine then as a hack I'd consider installing a second parallel 5-10A BMS including the balance wires and just use that input for charging as you could feed if from a basic LifePO4 charger or MPPT controller etc.

Probably one for the experiments subforum

Back