diy solar

Best AIO for limited space in RV?

lifeontheroad

Current setup:
3000w/24v inverter
4 x 12v100ah lifepo4 batteries (2s2p)
Renogy 40a and 20a controller
Genrac 4000exl generator

My question is what would be the best upgrade situation.
My goal is to stay at 3kw for the inverter but I want to add more storage another 2 batteries so it seems like my only option is to stay at 24v since I'll have 6 batteries.

I do want to use my generator to charge my batteries when weather isn't that great. (No loads besides TV/bottle warmer will be used at the time)

Would the growatt 24v 3kw model work for my situation?

No one can really answer your question without more information. I mean, we could try, but it wouldn't be a good answer!

A few questions:

What are your loads? (how many watts and for how long each day or link to an energy audit you've done before)
How much solar do you have?
Do you have alternator charging?

I do want to use my generator to charge my batteries when weather isn't that great. (No loads besides TV/bottle warmer will be used at the time)

What do you mean by "no loads besides..."? Do you mean that when you use the generator to charge your batteries that no power is going to your refrigerator? Or to any lights? Or to the water pump? Or fans, etc? The fridge alone is a considerable load, unless you don't use one.

Also, can you tell us more about why you want more batteries? What is going on that your current batteries aren't cutting it?

Growatt is a good inverter. See if the panels are easily compatible with it. If your usage maxes out at 3kW, you migh want a larger inverter so it isn't running at 100%.

Back