diy solar

diy solar

Best way to wire in a second Inverter

Urge38

Hi Guys

What's the best way to wire a second (non-similar as in brand) inverter plz

so my set up thus far

Four server rack batteries, each 52v 16cell 5.12kw each
Inverter is a Shneider xw plus (UK 230v ac out)
Renogy battery shunt to a fixed screen (dont want an app to see state of batteries)

now I have sized my battery cables and disconnect switch etc to be capable of running just the Shneider (can't remember batter cable off the top of my head but it was thicker than the size of my thumb)

So I am going to say, I can't connect the second inverter off the back of the Renogy shunt as if I power both inverters at the same time (once in a blue moon) the cable size from shunt to battery will not be adequate.

I purchased a second inverter, a Victron smart 48/3000 as I was not using the Shneider to power heavy loads often and wanted to cut down on idle consumption.

its not often I need the Shneider, but when I do, there is nothing that will do the job like the Shneider does.

So I am going to guess, just wire the DC to the Victron as a stand-alone installation, ie second shunt for the Victron !!!! is there a better way that I can use my pre-existing shunt????

on the AC out (no grid so no AC in) can I simply wire the New Victron to the same consumer unit???? what if one invert is off, will it back feed ac to the other inverter????

lastly, my Shneider needed a ground neutral bond at the consumer unit, is the Victron bounded at the inverter????

diy solar

diy solar
Back