diy solar

diy solar

Big battery 12v 170.for 799. Looks good any thoughts from the group?

Obviously many do not wish to build their own battery but compared to 4 280AH eve cells for $400 plus a BMS $200.00 and a box $100.00 (just a round number can be done for way less). For $100 less plus no extra shipping fees. You get 280 AH or 50% more storage.

Other than that it looks solidly built.

BigBattery Sold out of preorders, next shipment Late November. Not everyone trusts their ability to build batteries. Not everyone should build their own battery.

Reactions: Dzl
I was very interested in these until I noticed their BMS low temp cutoff is -20C which seems a bit sketchy, unless there's a lifepo4 chemistry that is good to be charged down to -4F (-20C)?

Got my order of two of the 12v 170ah power blocks. Did an unboxing vid. I am not a youtuber. There was an excess of glue residue applied to vinyl trim around the fuse box. I guess as an after thought cause the fuse enclosure was a touch bigger than planned.

Last edited:
Got my order of two of the 12v 170ah power blocks. Did an unboxing vid. I am not a youtuber. There was an excess of glue residue applied to vinyl trim around the fuse box. I guess as an after thought cause the fuse enclosure was a touch bigger than planned.
@Yonkk,

Thank you for your video, we have provided you with a $200 credit for the Glue Issue that you had and fixed this in our MFG process. We offered to refund you and replace these batteries but I guess they have been functioning very well for you.
Side Note: BatteryEVO, Inc. is our company as well and MFG our PCB Boards.

If you have any issues with our battery please remember that it has a (10 Year Warranty) and know that we stand behind that warranty.

Thank you for your business, we strive to serve you better and guarantee the best battery prices in the USA.

Sincerely,

Eric Lundgren : CEO
Eric@BigBattery.com

Attachments

• BigBattery LFP 4SLA.png
    BigBattery LFP 4SLA.png
    415.8 KB · Views: 4
I was very interested in these until I noticed their BMS low temp cutoff is -20C which seems a bit sketchy, unless there's a lifepo4 chemistry that is good to be charged down to -4F (-20C)?
@kirlos,

As the CEO of BigBattery.com, I am happy to answer your post. These batteries cut-off at (-0C) during mass production. They were recently tested to operate well below this temp but we do not recommend doing so and our BMS will not allow them to operate below (-0C). If you would like to see a video of our testing process feel free to eMail me at: Eric@BigBattery.com

Thank you for your feedback, please let us know if we can do anything better.

Sincerely,

Eric@BigBattery.com

Attachments

• WeChat Image_20201009145345.png
    WeChat Image_20201009145345.png
    377.9 KB · Views: 6
Thanks for
@Yonkk,

Thank you for your video, we have provided you with a $200 credit for the Glue Issue that you had and fixed this in our MFG process. We offered to refund you and replace these batteries but I guess they have been functioning very well for you.
Side Note: BatteryEVO, Inc. is our company as well and MFG our PCB Boards.

If you have any issues with our battery please remember that it has a (10 Year Warranty) and know that we stand behind that warranty.

Thank you for your business, we strive to serve you better and guarantee the best battery prices in the USA.

Sincerely,

Eric@BigBattery.com
Good to know that you back your product. Thanks for your help. I made a small power station to use in my van this spring. I will use it in the house this winter for a little extra power in case of power outages.

Attachments

• DSCN3395 (2).JPG
    DSCN3395 (2).JPG
    165.9 KB · Views: 32
@kirlos,

As the CEO of BigBattery.com, I am happy to answer your post. These batteries cut-off at (-0C) during mass production. They were recently tested to operate well below this temp but we do not recommend doing so and our BMS will not allow them to operate below (-0C). If you would like to see a video of our testing process feel free to eMail me at: Eric@BigBattery.com

Thank you for your feedback, please let us know if we can do anything better.

Sincerely,

Eric@BigBattery.com

This is interesting, I was 2 clicks from buying a pair of your batteries, but your sales team told me in no uncertain terms in 2 emails that the cutoff temperature was -4F (-20C)

I liked the value of your product, but I live and play in a cold climate and was not going to risk damage due to low temperature charging.

It is good to hear this has been sorted out.

Eric,

Any plans to accept PayPal? That's probably the biggest thing pushing me toward SOK... I can use PayPal Credit and spread the cost over 6 months no interest. (Easier to hide from the finance committee that way :) )

[/URL]
bought a 24volt 170ah one a few weeks ago, has not been put to the test yet, still waiting for panels and a 200volt cc, battery seems well built, customer service is all over the place though, mostly ingnoring questions but that is so often the case these days with internet companies ........very responsive before the sale then it usually gets more quiet,

Obviously many do not wish to build their own battery but compared to 4 280AH eve cells for $400 plus a BMS $200.00 and a box $100.00 (just a round number can be done for way less). For $100 less plus no extra shipping fees. You get 280 AH or 50% more storage.

Other than that it looks solidly built.
I'm finding the bits and bobs adding up. Not to mention buying new tools. Battery and bms and a box is not the whole cost.

Back