diy solar

diy solar

Big Battery Rhino 14kwh

Rocksnsalt

Solar Enthusiast
Why do I not see these beautiful modern looking 300lb beasts on anyone’s battery posts?

or these…

Why do I not see these beautiful modern looking 300lb beasts on anyone’s battery posts?

or these…
There has been some bad history .... do a search of Eric Lundgren who is the CEO of BigBattery or search for posts or mentions of Mr Green a couple years or so ago.

I’ve read a couple posts of users reporting not being able to actually charge to recommended voltages, which is assumed to bad cell balance or sub par cells.

I do say they offer nice packaging

or these…
They made stuff like this early on but they were so dang heavy I think that’s why they went smaller.

I have 4 x 400 ah batteries and each one is over 300lbs.
Have to use a cherry picker to get them in the rack which is a made out of tube steel.

Part of the reason is a lot of people here are diy (it’s in the name of the forums-lol).

You can get 16 280ah cells for abt $125 ea * 16 = $2000 - a nice bms, some wood for a box and some other stuff - and you will have a 48v 280ah battery - for around $2500 or so.

For $3350 for the same size - so for many people around here will say I can build it cheaper myself and the money I save will pay for 1/3 to half of my next battery.

But if you want it - get it and post a review!

Part of the reason is a lot of people here are diy (it’s in the name of the forums-lol).

You can get 16 280ah cells for abt $125 ea * 16 = $2000 - a nice bms, some wood for a box and some other stuff - and you will have a 48v 280ah battery - for around $2500 or so.

For $3350 for the same size - so for many people around here will say I can build it cheaper myself and the money I save will pay for 1/3 to half of my next battery.

But if you want it - get it and post a review!
I’d say that’s a really decent price for $2699, fully assembled and ready to roll 14kwh battery. Also supports a good number of inverters.

Compatible Inverters:

BatteryEVO Inverter
Pylon Inverter
DeYe Inverter
Growatt Inverter
MUST Inverter
LUXPOWER Inverter
Sol-ark Inverter
Megarevo Inverter

Yep I understand the DIY value. The Battery EVO link I posted is $2700 - $192/kw. I was planning on going with an EG4 18k and 4 Power Pro Batteries and just saw this price.

The form factor of these is fascinating imo.
I saw an ad for these with the price and could only think “hopefully they are cheap when I figure out where to use one”

DIY is great but sometimes a challenge to mimick certain design aspects

I have big battery batteries in my electric side by side, and am really happy with them. That being said, the price of their batteries is high. 14 KWH Rhino is $5800, 3 Sig Solar batteries is a little more juice and less than $4K.

I have big battery batteries in my electric side by side, and am really happy with them. That being said, the price of their batteries is high. 14 KWH Rhino is $5800, 3 Sig Solar batteries is a little more juice and less than $4K.
The rhino 14k is $2700.

I’ve read a couple posts of users reporting not being able to actually charge to recommended voltages, which is assumed to bad cell balance or sub par cells.

I do say they offer nice packaging
I can second this. The Kong battery I ordered would trigger the BMS to shut down with recommended charging parameters. Had to lower settings in my growatt. No big deal really, but it definitely is an issue, even if a relatively unimportant one in my opinion.

For what it’s worth I have 4 24V batteries I bought last year from battery evo and they have been great. I cycle them pretty much everyday and they are still very good. I primarily use them to charge my Tesla so they get a good workout.

These guys must be using BYD blade batteries, and they probably grade B BYD batters because BYD doesn't sell grade A on the open market. Just be ware of this. In fact I'm pretty sure all of Battery Evo/Big Battery is grade B.

Curious? Are these Rhino batteries the same as the EG4 Powerpro? I have the Powerpro and they look identical.

Who is copying who?

Curious? Are these Rhino batteries the same as the EG4 Powerpro? I have the Powerpro and they look identical.

Who is copying who?
From my experience Big Battery uses others equipment, rebrands and resells.

what is the deal here is Eg4 making clones for Bigbattery or is EG4 and Bigbattery from the same people and just putting out there own labels they have identical setups & inverters.

Maybe Lux Power is making the EG4 batteries?

diy solar

diy solar
Back