diy solar

diy solar

Black Friday 200A 48V systems under $700

Stepandwolf

Solar Enthusiast
I have been getting alerts from AliBaba regarding 200A 48V server style batteries for under $700. I know there is the AliBaba/China discount and a delay, but isn't that half of what they are going for in the US from even the cheapest supplier?

I did notice in this case the one I am most interested in doesn't have temperature protection, but at that price, couldn't I keep the case/batteries and put in a whole new BMS with all the bells and whistles?

I built my first system with EVE prismatic cells and BMSs all from China and I had no problems. I am having a hard time not pulling the trigger on one of these.

I did just take advantage of the MPP LV6048 sale and a local is selling old grid 240W panels for $35 each so it seems like a cheap route into a 48V system.

Is $700 DAP or DDP?

If it's DAP (or worse terms) the real price is not $700.

There's also a lithium price crash which may not have fully propagated to US supply chain.

That is without the shipping so the total price would be more.
Trying to get some cells as the price would be better. I wouldn't mind B cells if it came to that..

What is the best bang-for-the-buck solution these days? If you are willing to assemble the pieces instead of plug and play, what is the best deal on cells you know of? Thanks
I would like to know to! Doesn't have to be the cheapest, just best option for max storage/price DIY. Needs to be good cells.

Back