diy solar

diy solar

Blue Sea C-Series VS Midnite?

BartonB

Any thoughts on them?

For victron mppt -> battery, battery <-> hybrid inverter, battery -> Orion 24/12 70A

Blue sea is easier for me to source... but I haven't seen anyone talks about them, nothing on youtube, a mystery
Midnite has din rail breakers, which I found easier to work with, not sure how to mount the c-series, definitely not gonna pay for their crazy insane priced boxes

Any thoughts on them?

For victron mppt -> battery, battery <-> hybrid inverter, battery -> Orion 24/12 70A

Blue sea is easier for me to source... but I haven't seen anyone talks about them, nothing on youtube, a mystery
Midnite has din rail breakers, which I found easier to work with, not sure how to mount the c-series, definitely not gonna pay for their crazy insane priced boxes
If you value your time, the price for the Midnite Big Baby Box is a heck of a deal to mount breakers.

I don't get it...just an over priced box? nothing special
I also don't value my time :(
For metal box that has knockouts and fit the din rail breakers perfectly. You cant beat it.

For it to be overpriced, there must be a cheaper replacement of the same thing?
not sure how to mount the c-series
Also this^^^ You save time right from the start with Midnite because they have what you need. You dont need to look around. No they are not special but they serve their purpose well.

For your purpose, you might even consider the mini dc panels. They come with the large battery breaker ($110 value) and several spots for din breakers and c series breakers. One and done.

MNDC250

Last edited:
For metal box that has knockouts and fit the din rail breakers perfectly. You cant beat it.

For it to be overpriced, there must be a cheaper replacement of the same thing?

Also this^^^ You save time right from the start with Midnite because they have what you need. You dont need to look around. No they are not special but they serve their purpose well.

For your purpose, you might even consider the mini dc panels. They come with the large battery breaker ($110 value) and several spots for din breakers and c series breakers. One and done.

MNDC250
Din mounting - there are a ton of din enclosures, I prefer polycarbonate ones
Am I missing something with the midnite box? it's just a metal box

MND250 - jesus christ this thing is huge and expansive but it's pretty cool, I already got a blue sea switch and a terminal fuse so i'm already invested, wish I knew about it before I got this

Din mounting - there are a ton of din enclosures, I prefer polycarbonate ones
Am I missing something with the midnite box? it's just a metal box
For NEC compliance, if mounted inside a bulding, the box must be metal. Otherwise if its a mobile application like an RV or used at the array outside, the plastic ones are fine.

The Midnites are ETL listed and have provisions for ground and Neg bus bars too (sold separately)

MND250 - jesus christ this thing is huge and expansive but it's pretty cool, I already got a blue sea switch and a terminal fuse so i'm already invested, wish I knew about it before I got this
They aren't as big as you think. Once you get it on the wall and everything is inside, you actually save some wall space as it contains EVERYTHING (bus bars, PV in/out breakers, battery breaker, surge protectors, battery shunt). I have even mounted the MPPT on the door of one. I have a spare in my garage, Ill post some pictures when I get home. I admit, the price took me back a bit when I first got one, but now Id try to use one on every install if practical.

Blue Sea is good stuff too, rebranded Carling if I recall? Blue Sea offers a 6 position plastic box but its more than Midnite.

Blue Sea C-Series Box

diy solar

diy solar
Back