diy solar

diy solar

Bluetooth app

wme

Solar Enthusiast
Trying to get the bluetooth working for a friend. He has an Expert Power 200w kit. He has installed things correctly, when I put my power meter in the system it shows things are charging and outputing correctly. But the bluetooth adapter is useless due to a bad factory app.
The CC is a 20 amp mppt and the bluetooth is a BT-1. Is there an alternative working app?

I believe BT-1 refers to a Renogy device. There may be third party software/apps that can talk to it, but I don't use Renogy so I'm not familiar with it.

Is the app up to date?
Can you describe the issue you have with the app?
What device (smart phone?) are you using the app on?

This is the "200w kit" https://www.amazon.com/ExpertPower-Panels-Controller-Trailer-Projects/dp/B096LJNR99/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2CHIL2HJHH8XR&keywords=expert+power+solar+kit&qid=1689539793&sprefix=expert+power+,aps,206&sr=8-5

The app is titled "Solar App", we have down loaded it on Apple and Android. It will open but the next tap it closes.

You mentioned Renogy so I went there and FWIW the Renogy BT-1 is not the BT-1 he has. But tomorrow I try the Renogy app for their BT-1 an see if it will link.

Most of those type controllers like Renogy and Rich solar are made by SRNE. Download the SRNE app. It works fine on my Rich solar controllers.View attachment 157931

Do note that the SRNE app has tracking ID, watching what websites and such you visit. And it’s a Chinese based company. At least on the iOS version. The Renogy BT does not track you, but the Renogy DC Home app does. If that sort of thing matters to you.

Do note that the SRNE app has tracking ID, watching what websites and such you visit. And it’s a Chinese based company. At least on the iOS version. The Renogy BT does not track you, but the Renogy DC Home app does. If that sort of thing matters to you.
Yes. On my Android I have only given it location permission and only when in use. I denied all other permissions. I also don't let it run in the background either. When I close certain apps they are shut down and denied background use. Certain things just don't need to run in the background. Maybe I'm just paranoid? ?

Yes. On my Android I have only given it location permission and only when in use. I denied all other permissions. I also don't let it run in the background either. When I close certain apps they are shut down and denied background use. Certain things just don't need to run in the background. Maybe I'm just paranoid? ?

I think it’sa double edged sword. Paranoia can make you sick. But no doubt that China is watching us closely. I prefer to choose options with no tracking. Sometimes I decide that whatever convenience an app will bring isn’t worth the personal invasion of my privacy. I watched The Social Dilemma and that was very eye opening. It’s not just Google and Facebook spying on us, it’s most of the apps on our phones. All of them adding to the artificial intelligence that has already surpassed our own. Except it can’t match the intelligence of the human heart (yet).

Android gives you some amount of control over how apps can spy or track you. iOS does the same except it does much of this for you or makes it crystal clear how much an app can track your habits.

But no doubt that China is watching us closely
No more (and probably far less) closely than Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Apple or any/your supermarket - this whole idea that China is spying on us completely ignores that literally every big corporation is too. Please don't @ me, I'm just making a point about how everyone is watching us.

Back