diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti AC180 remote access

markaubin

Can anybody who owns a Bluetti AC180 confirm that they can connect remotely with the WiFi support? What I mean by remote is not in the same location or on the same local network.

Long explanation for the curious:
I have a remote cabin with 100% off grid power and minimal internet access with a Verizon hotspot connected to external antennas. When I am not onsite, I can check on things with a few security cameras. But this requires that I keep the power turned on. The power system is a Growatt 12K inverter & four EG4LL batteries. No solar yet, just charging with a generator - need to clear trees or run wire a long way up the hill (1000+ feet) to get solar exposure so this part is delayed. The idle load of the Growatt is quite a bit higher (guessing 125W+) than the networking gear (10-20W) so I'd like to power down the main system, but leave the network on. I did some research on the various power stations and settled on the Anker SOLIX F1200. After receiving the unit, I realized that it only supported Bluetooth connectivity which means I need to be standing next to it for the Anker app to connect. Thankfully Anker has a 30 day satisfaction guarantee. Now I realize that I had overlooked the connectivity issue entirely and just naively thought that anything sold today would of course have this part all figured out. I see that Bluetti supports WiFi but they don't really say what this actually means. When my network is on, I can connect from the outside to my Reolink WiFi based cameras. I'm hoping this is the same for the Bluetti. And yes I realize that the power station will only give me a few days based on the actual power usage. I might add an expansion battery once I get it all dialed in. Thanks!

I have Wifi controlled power switches to do some things similar...so I understand the challenge...can't access the Smart Life device, if the internet is down. For example, I have the GRID Power on a SMART WIFI controlled device...but obviously the device is plugged into the wall that has full time power. I can remotely turn on the power to GRID charge the battery. I also have other Smart Life devices that only come during the day when solar power is normally available. But, if solar is not abundant, I can remotely turn off those devices to maximize charging.

So, what about a manual timer that cycles the equipment on? Just spit balling here...but maybe a battery powered timer that turns on your Growatt for a specific amount of time, at an interval, turning on your Networking gear?

I haven't tried this myself.
But some people connect a device to the Bluetooth of their Bluetti, then connect that device to WiFi and then use a screen sharing app to share the screen to their desktop or other mobile phone device.

That would then let you remotely monitor and change settings from anywhere in the world.

The ac180 shows a wifi and bluetooth symbol on the screen but only supports Bluetooth connection at this time.

IMG_4103.jpeg

Go for Ecoflow. I can confirm that my Ecoflow River 2 works with my internet. I.e. I can control the device even when I am not at home nor on thesame network with the ecoflow.

Go for Ecoflow

Well, if you are going to change units, the AC300 allows for WIFI...access it off and on during the day to check SOC. Power can be turned on/off...ac or dc independently, etc.

Back